NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 99 bug for my daughter 5 years ago. She has recently purchased a new car, sadly not a vdub. I, however, now own the 99. Recently installed a spoiler, tinted the windows, and am now looking for these wheels:

http://newbeetle.org/forums/attachments/styling-modifications/71728d1280348092-show-your-wheels-photo-3.jpg

I did find them here:MSW (by OZ) 20-5 Stud Black Polished 16" Alloy Wheels - Wheelbase

but the $465.00 for shipping killed the deal for me. Look-a-likes will do as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Konig used to make something very similar to that, if I find them ill post up a picture or a link, did you try searching around on eBay or Google for other sellers of the wheels? I know OZ used to be a showroom dealer only brand but most wheels companies are on the interwebz now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have googled the wheels and also searched ebay only to find all available sellers are overseas. I will have to google Konig to see what they have to offer, thanks for the lead.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,844 Posts
1.Is that your beetle? If so, nice ride man. Glad you're the new owner.

2. Nice photoshop work. Thought the were on the car...:lol:

3.Pretty darn close to pic#1. Winner!

4. where do you live man? Some of us might be near you. wouldn't mind riding with you. if you'd please, fill in your user profile info. it's a great networking tool, and it allows us to help you down the road. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I should have given credit to the owner of the vehicle.

01Blacknbtrb is the owner, the pic is from the "show your wheels" thread, page 55 back in 2010. My beetle is actually black with a rear spoiler, sans the graphics.

I live in Maryland, I'll be updating my info very soon.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,844 Posts
Sorry, I should have given credit to the owner of the vehicle.

01Blacknbtrb is the owner, the pic is from the "show your wheels" thread, page 55 back in 2010. My beetle is actually black with a rear spoiler, sans the graphics.

I live in Maryland, I'll be updating my info very soon.

Thanks for the reply.
Oh man, you've got some GREAT orgers all around you. VA, PA, MD, OH... great people man. Hope you'll get the chance to meet some of them.

Cool deal on your beetle man. Cup, my 2000 beetle, is a black GLS 1.8t, with spoiler. Glad to have you in the fold.

BTW, my friends call me Al- mighty nice meeting you:cool:

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Welcome from PA!! As Al said, lots of Org folk all around you. Just reach out if you have any questions.

Hope to meet you at one of the upcoming VW events.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Delaware here, hope ya stick around for a few

Sent from my Peace Love and "Six for Six" app

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome. I decided to purchase the Konig lace wheels. Should have them on Thursday, and with a little luck, on the car by Friday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wheels came today from Amazon, I can't believe how great they look, and that's in the box. Took them to my local shop with the proper lug bolts only to realize that I needed wheel hub centric rings. First time I've ever had aftermarket wheels put on a vehicle, rookie mistake, I know. They had to order the rings so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I think the mechanic was more upset than I was, he really wanted to see the finished product.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts