NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -- I'm new here, and looking for a recommendation for a good reputable repair shop with a specialty in Volkswagon (that's not a dealership). I'm the original owner of a very low mileage 1998 New Beetle with a 5-speed manual transmission. Lately, I've noticed it's getting harder and harder for me to shift into 1st gear when the car is at a full stop. Seems I need to go into 2nd gear first, then it goes into 1st more easily. This is a new behavior. I'd to find someone in my area to check out this problem, that's also a good independent shop that I would take my car to for regular maintenance. I live in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Hi All -- I'm new here, and looking for a recommendation for a good reputable repair shop with a specialty in Volkswagon (that's not a dealership). I'm the original owner of a very low mileage 1998 New Beetle with a 5-speed manual transmission. Lately, I've noticed it's getting harder and harder for me to shift into 1st gear when the car is at a full stop. Seems I need to go into 2nd gear first, then it goes into 1st more easily. This is a new behavior. I'd to find someone in my area to check out this problem, that's also a good independent shop that I would take my car to for regular maintenance. I live in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Help is on the way. We have a good group down your way!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts