VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Turbo
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to get a full 3" exhaust, bigger injectors and a stage 2 tune. I'm wondering what mechanical and technical upgrades I would have to do so I don't blow a head gasket or pistons and such. And was wondering if anyone had gone stage 2 and what they had to do.

Thanks so much

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
I've got stage 2 with Unitronic. Only upgrades are a 3" turbo back and a Forge 007 DV. No other things are really needed. You aren't going to blow a head gasket or wreck pistons with a Stage 2, just not nearly enough power. I've had the tune for about 4k and its perfect.

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
i had stage 3+ from GIAC on my old bug and never blew anything internal.

i have stage 2 unitronics now and i have a 3" dp, greddy 3" catback, FMIC, CAI, and Audi 225 DV. im no where close to the HP my old bug was (398whp) and it runs fine. my old bug was spiking 28 psi boost and i dont know what im boosting now, dont have a gauge. no real need for it since im not far from stock mod wise.

-jd

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
I always would run a boost gauge in a turbo car regardless of mods. Helps with troubleshooting and the like.

I spike about 20psi. I hit 10-15 pretty regularly. No issues at all. Got tuned at 129k, now at 133k.

·
Turbo
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok cool this is what I'm wanting to know. I was told that if I got a bigger turbo, I'd be putting to much pressure and I would start blowing things. That's what I don't want happening. And if I go stage 2 with 20lbs of boost plus launch control I'd be fine? Cause I'm ordering a full 3" exhaust soon and then looking into bigger injectors and turbo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts