NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
God's own Drunk
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello eveybody, my name is Scott and I recently stumbled upon what appears to be a great deal- a silver 2003 Turbo S 6 speed with leather, sunroof, 6 disk changer. The dealership (a VW new and used) wanted 20k for then changed the price to 17,500 and I talked them down further to 16,600. The car has only 17000 miles on it. It drives great and seems to be quite the peppy little bug. Inside and out it looks new with a clean Carfax report and no mods. I have given the salesman a refundable deposit while I think about it. I need to give him answer by COB tomorrow and I leaning towards yes but, I wanted the input of some seasoned owners as to whether or not this is a good deal. Also, what problems I should be on the look out for now (before I buy) and potential pitfalls down the road. Thank you in advance for your time.

·
God's own Drunk
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks!
I will probably proceed, I am just a little hesitant. The Edmund's TMV is much higher than the deal I am getting on the car and it's not often the little guy gets one over on the dealership. The dealer is reputable, though. My wife bought a lemon law returned Cabrio from there several years ago and they really stood behind it with the few minor problems we had. The bug is not a CPO (or lemon law returnee) but does come with the balance of the original 4/50k warranty so I feel safe yet hesitant.

·
God's own Drunk
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They said it was owned by two lesbians- much to laughter of my wife and I. We came to the dealer to look at a GTI as I thought the beetle was a little 'chicky'(hen you are a male nurse it isn't cool to have a femine car). I saw the bug though and a rush a memories flowed back reminding me of the '67 VeeWee I used to own :cry:.

·
Caliente!
597 Posts
MargaritaVillain said:
They said it was owned by two lesbians...
I am surprised they would give you THAT information. :p I was thinking more of whether it was a repo or the reason the previous owner got rid of it. I think you are safe on it being a "non-chicky" car and the fact that it is silver (as opposed to a pastel color) helps. If anyone wants to question your manhood, just offer to race them in your Turbo and that should shut them up. :)

·
rosman
7 Posts
deal comp

i thought my deal was great, $8800, 2000, 1.8t, 43kmi,
with about 1 hr on compound and wax, and 1 hr detailing on inside, window tint, mats and new treads(225.50.16), ....had it a week and the deal seems to be getting better....was on the road last nite, had lengthy grin when the doobies played china grove, much better ride, much better sound, but deja vu - none the less.....

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
MargaritaVillain said:
They said it was owned by two lesbians- much to laughter of my wife and I. We came to the dealer to look at a GTI as I thought the beetle was a little 'chicky'(hen you are a male nurse it isn't cool to have a femine car). I saw the bug though and a rush a memories flowed back reminding me of the '67 VeeWee I used to own :cry:.
"Yeah so this car was owned by a couple of REALLY hairy butch lesbians. Man they cam in wearing rainbow t-shirts and pink triangle single dangle earrings on. Even grew some facial hair. They traded in this Beetle for a nice pickup truck so they could trnasport their pack of german shepards they bought in Alaska from an Eskimo would just couldn't keep them. Did i mention they were lesbians?"

Sounds like a great conversation! :D :D

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
The Turbo S is a chick car. Well, at least, mine is! :D

I hope you get this car. It is too much fun! :p

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts