NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My wife is going to allow a purchase of yet another Volkswagen. I have owned several but never a New Beetle. I have seen on my local Kijiji there are several nice ones available. Many have receipts for repairs, undercoating, different engine types and low kilometres. I want to purchase a 5 speed manual and avoid an automatic. I have been exploring the forums to find what to look for before buying said vehicle. I would like to hear from you whom have owned the car and can tell me first hand, what to watch for while buying one and what problems I may come across in the future.

Thank you for your time.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

I currently own a 12+ and have owned a couple of the NBs. Things you will learn are to avoid the early - pre 2005 auto. Make sure you either do or have proof it was done recently is the Timing Belt/Water pump replacement. Good luck you will love the car once you get it!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts