NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I just did a Kelley Blue Book Search on the value of my 1999 beetle GLS 5 speed with a 2.0 motor.
Now, last year at this time it was worth about 2800 dollars in perfect condition. Not too shabby for a 10+ year old car. This year, it is worth about 1850 in perfect condition! I guess now is a good time to start picking these cars up, as they are dropping value quickly!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
You may be right. But my experience over the years tells me that a car is worth what the buyer is willing to pay. Even if the value is going down, you will still see a nicely taken care of older NB going for more than Blue Book. A good incentive to take care of your ride. :D

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, and THANKS TO THIS SIGHT my car is in (almost) absolutely flawless condition.
All the little quirks that go wrong with these cars have been addressed. For a daily driver, with almost 200,000 miles on the clock, you probably won't find a cleaner machine around these parts! :)
Armageddon or bust!
Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Lots of people think I'm nuts, but while old NBs are depreciating right now, I think they will be a staple at VW shows in the future. Nice air-cooled Bugs will skyrocket in price as they become more scarce and die-hard air-cooled enthusiasts fade away to a fraction of what they once were. In the meantime, more and more people who love their water-cooled Beetles will start putting them in shows. While the production numbers of NBs/12+ will never approach that of the air-cooleds, I believe they will still outnumber them at VW shows within 15-20 years. Many air-cooled people label me as an idiot, but we'll see...........:D

So yes, now is definitely the time to snag up old, inexpensive NBs. Another argument from old-school people, regardless of model or make, is that today's cars will never become classics because of the computers and/or plastics, but with 3D printing, which is just in its infant stages, anything will eventually be restorable as long as you're willing to pay for it.

BTW, PRM502street, have you seen the Talimena 2014 Planning thread? Hope you can make it this year!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts