NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lost the only key to my 2000 New Beetle - the only one I had too!

I have read that the key info is held inside the driver's door, if so whereabouts would this be and can I have a new key cut and/or new fob programmed from these details? What sort of info should I be looking for...

Thanks,

Rob (Isle of Man)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Take your registration to the dealership, they should be able to make a key from the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the ORG - I'm sorry to hear about the Key Loss. Get to a dealer and do as ****** said bring your registration to show ownership they can get you a key - be prepared for a good cost for it though. Again welcome to the ORG!

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
As said, get the vin info from your beetle first. You can call your deslership and they should be able to cut a key from it. The only reason I say should is because if its anything like Ford dealerships, which I work for, there are only certain year models they can obtain the info for. Either way you will pretty much have to have a key from dealer because of the computer chip in the keys and reprograming the car. I hope you get everything settled! Good luck!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had a key cut for an early 1999 audi a4 at the dealer for like 80 bucks. Actually I got 2 for 80, I just had to give them the vin and proof of ownership. They weren't the flip key types so cheaper and no Immobilizer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts