NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this auction on ebay has the EXACT parts i just bought for my car in MY COLOR!!! the parts are the lower panel (valance) and the coupling. however, the auction says it's only for 98-00, but if i go to www.1stvwparts.com, and find this part, it says it fits 1998 - 2005 new beetles. can anyone verify if the lower panel and coupling for 98-00 will fit a 2001 beetle?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Check the grille removal how-to thread. I believe they changed how it all connects at some point. Newer bugs you don't HAVE to take off the whole front clip anymore to change the foglights... I'm not sure if that part is 100% compatible across all years.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
noR said:
Check the grille removal how-to thread. I believe they changed how it all connects at some point. Newer bugs you don't HAVE to take off the whole front clip anymore to change the foglights... I'm not sure if that part is 100% compatible across all years.
the unpainted parts i ordered from 1stvwparts.com said 98-01, will work for 1998 - 2005. i guess i want to be sure before i bid any further.

i'll check that thread though. thanks ron!

i guess i just need to know if a 2000 grill will work on a 2001.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts