NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sickboy
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does lowering the NB by 30mm make any difference to the look of the car. If any one has a pic of it, give us a show.

Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
sickboy21 said:
Does lowering the NB by 30mm make any difference to the look of the car. If any one has a pic of it, give us a show.

Cheers
30mm Is pretty standard for lowering springs. 30mm converts to about 1.18 inches. You will lose that gap between the bottom of the fender and the top of the tires. It looks a lot better when you drop a beetle:D Check the thread below tis is my car which is dropped approx 30mm plus has a body kit.
http://newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?t=680

·
Sickboy
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beetlejay said:
30mm Is pretty standard for lowering springs. 30mm converts to about 1.18 inches. You will lose that gap between the bottom of the fender and the top of the tires. It looks a lot better when you drop a beetle:D Check the thread below tis is my car which is dropped approx 30mm plus has a body kit.
http://newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?t=680

Cheers. That looks great. I like ur body kit. How much that set you back

·
Registered
31 Posts
sickboy21 said:
Cheers. That looks great. I like ur body kit. How much that set you back
Thanks,to answer your question I paid around $500.00 (a couple of years ago) for the kit and about $200.00 to have it painted. It's a pretty nice kit. but i think i may be getting tired of it but $$$ isn't their to do anything new right now.

·
Sickboy
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beetlejay said:
Thanks,to answer your question I paid around $500.00 (a couple of years ago) for the kit and about $200.00 to have it painted. It's a pretty nice kit. but i think i may be getting tired of it but $$$ isn't their to do anything new right now.

Now how you feel mate. Money is always the problem. $700 for it all is a good deal, Thats works out about £450 for me. Its gonna cost me £300 (est $600) just to lower it. Who did you get to fit it. Can VW fit it for you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
sickboy21 said:
Now how you feel mate. Money is always the problem. $700 for it all is a good deal, Thats works out about £450 for me. Its gonna cost me £300 (est $600) just to lower it. Who did you get to fit it. Can VW fit it for you.
I have a number of friends that work at body shops and spend some time hanging out with them so i did most of the fitting myself. I would thing that VW would charge some major cash to fit and paint a body kit. A friend of my had his kit fitted and painted at his local body shop and had a bill for about $1200 when they were done. Plus what he paid for the kit. I was just wandering where your located at i noticed the conversion of the money and that $600 seemed really high priced for a set of drop springs. I think i had about $200 in the springs and the time it took me to put them in.

·
Sickboy
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
beetlejay said:
I have a number of friends that work at body shops and spend some time hanging out with them so i did most of the fitting myself. I would thing that VW would charge some major cash to fit and paint a body kit. A friend of my had his kit fitted and painted at his local body shop and had a bill for about $1200 when they were done. Plus what he paid for the kit. I was just wandering where your located at i noticed the conversion of the money and that $600 seemed really high priced for a set of drop springs. I think i had about $200 in the springs and the time it took me to put them in.
Yeah £300 includes fitting them as well. I live in London, car parts etc do cost a lot more for some reason. Its stupid really. i was looking for the clear tail lights for my NB and they cost me £80 here but on ebay in the states they only cost $50. i think my springs come to around £160 to £180 and the rest is the time spent putting them on the car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
sickboy21 said:
Yeah £300 includes fitting them as well. I live in London, car parts etc do cost a lot more for some reason. Its stupid really. i was looking for the clear tail lights for my NB and they cost me £80 here but on ebay in the states they only cost $50. i think my springs come to around £160 to £180 and the rest is the time spent putting them on the car.
Wow that's something that things cost that much more in London. If their is anything i can every help you locate over here feel free to contact me.

·
Sickboy
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
beetlejay said:
Wow that's something that things cost that much more in London. If their is anything i can every help you locate over here feel free to contact me.

Cheers mate. the only thing i'm looking at over in the USA is the angry headlight covers. i'll keep ypu posted with anything else.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Not really.

That price is in Canadian, so it would be about the same to get them her with shipping and customs fees.

The only difference is, I'm doing web design for the site I listed (he's local), so he's giving me them at cost, which will be a few hundred bucks off :D

But, as long as this isn't a bad brand, I'm going to go for it :)

SMG

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
FK is a top-notch mid-level company...I've had headlights from them and liked them...but I've never been brave enough to try their suspension. I LOVE KW's Variant line for coilovers...I have the V3 on my Jetta (which is dropped like it's hot), and it makes the look car look SICK.

·
Nerds On Site
32 Posts
I had FK on my last 2 jetta's.

1996 GLX VR6- FK High sport coilovers, stiffest ride ever, but handled awesome.

1997 TDI- just basic lowering suspension, forget which one.

I had no problems with them and would recomend them.

Ben

1 - 15 of 15 Posts