VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this is my "parts car" a 2001 5 speed TDI new beetle who goes by the name of Lucy.

My boyfriend will sometimes claim ownership of her and other times disown her and refer to her as my car.

We adopted Lucy February 2015. She was hanging out with the wrong crowd. We we adopted her he told us her name was Lorie, but he obviously didn't speak VW speak.

You see, I don't really have the heart to part cars. If they can be fixed I would much rather fix them.

I had bought a 00 tdi new beetle, Cesar, just prior to Lucy and told my boyfriend I wanted tH engine and he could transplant the drive train of his 00 1.8t new beetle, Boogie, into Cesar. Well he decided he wanted the engine too so I said find me an engine and we can trade... So that is how we got Lucy. He assured me that she was a parts car and I wouldn't want to keep her... Well he fell in love with her too...

So now she has been plastic dipped, lowered, and tuned. She stole my heart.

Of course NOW that I have typed all of this out on my cell phone it will not let me attach pics... So hold that thought and I will come back to this... Or someone post a pic of Lucy!

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took Lucy up to Vermont for Wolfsgart last month. She blew the turbo on the way back in TN... She got 3rd place at the show though!

After finally getting a new turbo and a turbo back exhaust installed (yay rust!) we took her on a maiden voyage to VolksJam in Alabama last weekend

Where she took home second place (I need to get a pic of the award so i can post it here!) and went out for tacos to celebrate!

She almost died after that. Drove through a monsoon and she consumed too much water!

Now, tonight I need to put a new wheel bearing in her so that we can go to the VW show this weekend! Such a busy life Lucy leads!

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Font Text Love Heart Calligraphy

Lucy looks great, love the harlequin look and wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts