NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I have lurked on NB.org for a while, actually long before I even got a New Beetle, but I noticed I got "tagged" by another New Beetle owner when I arrived at my car yesterday after work. :) So I guess it is time to introduce myself.

My name is Brendan, I live in central Ohio, and I bought my 2005 New Beetle TDI last year and have loved every minute of owning it. I am not new to VW's, I have always been interested in them ever since I was very young, I can remember a couple of family members owning Beetles and I think one of my Aunts had a VW Fox for a while. I am also a big "gearhead" and have always loved and tinkered with cars. I worked for VW for a few years and that is when I really started getting interested in them, my first VW was a 1984 Scirocco. I then "downgraded" to a 1981 Scirocco S, and that is my project car that will receive a TDI swap. I have also had an Audi Coupe Quattro which I recently sold, and I will probably sell the Corrado as well once it is put back together. I wanted a TDI daily driver for a long time, and my choices were limited considering that I wanted a 2-door 5-speed TDI. I had a 2002 Golf TDI lined up, agreed to purchase it, and the seller backed out last minute, thankfully I found the Beetle though, I think I made the right choice. :) I do plan on modifying it slightly but nothing much beyond basic power and suspension/braking upgrades. I have already added a gauge pod and boost/oil press/oil temp gauges. Here is a pic of it when I first brought her home:

It was a fun trip bringing her home. I flew out to Indiana and drove her back. Great first bonding experience. :) The previous owner was super nice too.

I am a member of a lot of other VW groups, like OhioVW, TDIClub, Central Ohio TDI owners group, Scirocco.org, Central Ohio Audi club... probably a few others, lol!

So thanks for having me here, it should be fun.

Brendan

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Welcome to the Org. This is going to sound creepy, but was your car tagged by "kennasVWsunshine" while parked in what appears to be a parking ramp? If so you were #8 on her list. :) She's been tagging beetles for the last two weeks. Don't be a stranger, check back often. Lots going on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
I was thinking it was Kenna, too. If so, she will very happy to see you here! :p

Welcome to the Org! :party:

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
Hi!

Welcome to the Org.

Hopefully we can get the Berea OH GTG's going again this year. Back in the day they kicked butt.:D

The Ohio Gang is strong!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome everybody!

Yes, it was Kenna. Apparently we both work at the same place. :)

Glad to be here.

Brendan

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
That's what she was saying. She said, if you like, you can friend her on fb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts