VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 VW Beetle 2.0 L engine gas. I was attempting to install an amp power cable, and there is just not many options getting the power through the firewall. Well I saw another post on here where someone went through the dash and drilled a hole to drop it down inside. No biggie. Went and bought a drill bit, drilled the hole, only to be met with lots of firewall material underneath. I tried cutting some of this out with a knife and a screwdriver, as I could see the screwdriver come out under the dash. Well after an hour of poking around, I was frustrated and decided, well I haven't seen or hit any wires or anything under there, let me just take the drill bit and try and use it to pull some of the material out to save some time. BAD IDEA.

I snatched up a teal/blue/green wire and chewed it up. It must have controlled something with the brake system as now my ABS light is on and the brake light is flashing and beeping constantly. I only hit this one wire. My question is, what am I looking at to fix this? I could rewire it myself, Im just not mechanically inclined to go start tearing stuff down without first knowing where a good place place to start is. I feel like a dummy for doing this, but what's done is done. I just need some advice on fixing it. Should I have a mechanic look at it, and what would be a good cost estimate? Or is this something I can do myself with a weekend of patience to run a new wire? If you take the dash apart, underneath is a little box mounted on the metal of the car on the driver side. Underneath this little box is where the wire is Im assuming as I drilled the hole right behind this box closest to the dash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts