VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2001 Beetle 1.8 turbo
The maf sensor plug has broken off from the wires and has thrown up 7 codes, most of them are saying about ground issues. If I replace the plug and wires with a new set would this remedy the other issues.

Many thanks in advance

Craig.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Welcome.

Definitely replace the plug, there are several ground points under the battery tray. You must remove the battery and then the tray to access them. Clean them up and make them shiny. The plug alone should solve those issues, but with the age of your vehicle cleaning those under battery grounds won’t hurt. Clean up the big battery ground to the bell housing also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I'll get a new plug ordered today, its really strange as the car runs better the the maf unplugged.

I'll get all the earth wires cleaned as well. Like you said it won't hurt 👍🤙

·
5/23/10 <3
11,272 Posts
If it runs better without the MAF, you could need a new MAF as well.

Reactions: Thejarhead

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a brand new maf fitted, I've also still got the old one. Both are doing exactly the same thing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok guys I need help with my maf as well. Is there a relay/ fuse for it cos according to my scan tool I'm not getting any power to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys I need help with my maf as well. Is there a relay/ fuse for it cos according to my scan tool I'm not getting any power to it.
I cheated in the end. I've run a wire from the battery to the 12v wire on the maf sensor and it works perfect now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts