VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed at least 4 MAF sensors over the course of a year and I am wondering has anyone else had this problem? It really sucks when I got out of town and can only get over 80mph if I am going down hill.

You can really tell the difference when the MAF sensor is working too. They usually smell like burnt electronics after about a month or so. ANy help is greatly appreciated. I have an 01 TDI Beetle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are you sure it's your MAF sensor? Have you had the ECM polled for any possible codes issued that indicates this?

If not, it may be a number of other issues such as a clogged fuel filter, a TPS (throttle position sensor) or you may have air flow restrictions in the air snorkel leading to the intake. Could be the air inlet in the turbo is malfunctioning. Is the engine hesitating at all? Plus you may want to check the EGR and associated tubes for clogging. The pre-PD (Pumpe Deuse) engines are known for that.

You can get more info on your motor and its operating issues at TDICLUB.COM. It's a GREAT website with info and blogs for us fellow TDI bugs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts