NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
98 Beetler out of ATL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day fellow enthusiasts. OBDC codes on my 98 NB were cylinder 2 & 4 misfires, front and rear O2 sensors and MAF sensor. So I recently replaced the MAF sensor, coil pack and spark plug wires. All codes on the computer cleared but the MAF sensor. Any ideas on the culprit even though the sensor was replaced?

Thx guys for any assistance.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I've read somewhere it takes a little learning curve in the ECU to see the new MAS. Try taking both battery leads off the battery and holding together for ten seconds reconnect everything and check it again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
What is the actual code number (P####)? That would help us help you out a lot better.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
maf

Does your 2.0 have an electronic throttle valve controller? If so you need to recalibrate that after replacing the maf sensor like this; After doing the CPU reset instructed by 02silversport above, turn key to on position without starting car, leave ON position for 25-30 secounds, then back to off position. YA DONE MAN! :goodjob:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does your 2.0 have an electronic throttle valve controller? If so you need to recalibrate that after replacing the maf sensor like this; After doing the CPU reset instructed by 02silversport above, turn key to on position without starting car, leave ON position for 25-30 secounds, then back to off position. YA DONE MAN! :goodjob:
As far as I know, 98 NB model doesn´t have electronic throttle valve controler, but only cable actuated one. mine is 2001 and it has cable one. it´s same procedure? or there´s any other action to be taken?

thnx and rgrds

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
throttle vavle

As far as I know, 98 NB model doesn´t have electronic throttle valve controler, but only cable actuated one. mine is 2001 and it has cable one. it´s same procedure? or there´s any other action to be taken?

thnx and rgrds
Same procedure? Sorry don't know about the cable one will work with that precedure.

·
Registered
103 Posts
99 beet 2.0

have a 99 2.0 beetle went through 12 maf under warrenty n they called tech n replaced all the wires n the maf going to the brain ( computer) n it was fine for 7 yrs till it kept popping missfire codes we changed plugs wires coi n it popped those codes again my buddy played around n replaced the maf the maf plug n wires from the plug n its great once again the wires n connection seem to b a problem on the maf it worked for us over a yaer so far no codes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts