NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
DJ & Car Enthusiast
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got some major problems with my ac in my 2002 new beetle. I have gone through 2 ac compressors and still haven't had luck. The AC clutch wouldn't stay engaged so I made sure I was filled up with freon and replaced the pressure/temp sensor. That didn't seem to fix the issue. I hard wired the clutch to a switch directly to the battery, the clutch works. So, I empty out the freon and put more in it and all of a sudden, the pressure relief on the compressor starts spraying freon. From what I read online, it's time for a new ac compressor. I ordered a new ac compressor, installed it, oiled it, vacuumed the system, and filled it up with 750g of r134a freon. The air starts blowing cold, so I go ahead and turn off the ac compressor and turn it back on to make sure the clutch engages. Well, the clutch was slipping. So, I had to release all the freon and take the clutch from the old AC compressor since it was still good, and swap it. Got that swapped and started doing to install and recharge process. I get about halfway full and the compressor released on the freon again. Tried to fill it back up, it released again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts