NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the fonts are smaller on the Forums
page and it is harder to read. Maybe im getting old, I dunno but its small..

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Some of the fonts (e.g. sub-headings) have shrunken a little, but the majority (main font, titles, etc.) are the same, or in some cases larger.

Naturally, we should be tweaking bits and pieces as per user feedback, but in the meantime, you can override font size via the web browser. In both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, you can do this via View > Text Size, or in Firefox, CTRL +.

·
Super Moderator
1,138 Posts
I echo exactly what ASurroca said. The majority of the fonts are actually a bit bigger. In any case, you can always adjust text-size in your browser. If it becomes apparent that the majority of users are finding the text too small, then I'll change it globally on the site.

·
Only the Shadow Knows . .
60 Posts
I do what ASurroca suggested (cmd + for Macs) because I do think the fonts within posts are on the small side. I wonder if this is because of color? Is it my imagination (probably!) that they are a lighter shade? or the contrast isn't as marked (dark grey not black?)

·
Super Moderator
1,138 Posts
olive said:
I do what ASurroca suggested (cmd + for Macs) because I do think the fonts within posts are on the small side. I wonder if this is because of color? Is it my imagination (probably!) that they are a lighter shade? or the contrast isn't as marked (dark grey not black?)
Yes, the contract is lower than it was before, that's true.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Just thought I'd chime in -

I have a high-res CRT, so the font sizes that used to be easy to read on the old forums, are now a bit harder to read.

Nothing that is going to keep me from reading the .org, but yeah, might be nice to have an option for bigger text.

Thanks Jeff, site is awesome!

SMG

·
Super Moderator
1,138 Posts
SMG said:
Just thought I'd chime in -

I have a high-res CRT, so the font sizes that used to be easy to read on the old forums, are now a bit harder to read.

Nothing that is going to keep me from reading the .org, but yeah, might be nice to have an option for bigger text.

Thanks Jeff, site is awesome!

SMG
SMG-

You can certainly increase the font size within your browser. Feel free. :)

As I said, the fonts are actually a bit larger here. They are a bit lower-contrast, though, and this could be making it more difficult for some people to read the forums. I will see if there's anything I can do about this.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts