NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
out in the sandbox
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm planning on covering the front seats of my NBC in the summer (black leather won't feel good on the thighs on hot days, I'm guessing :) ), but nothing that's out there is really rocking my world. Anybody out there taken a crack at sewing their own? I'm pretty talented with a machine, just wondering if anyone has a pattern.
All the patterns on the Web are for kid's seats...:(

·
Are Friends Electric?
372 Posts
Have you done any re-upholstery (sp?) or make fitted slip covers? It's just like doing that.

I didn't use a pattern when I did mine. I just measured each cushion and added a little seam allowance, I had an idea how much to buy. I did a real simple/quick job because the fabric I found was on sale really cheap, under a buck. Any way, as I was getting ready to sew I ran out to the car and pinned the stuff up to where I needed darts, chalked up trimlines... (yes, then back in to the machine)!

Sorry I'm not much more help, this was 6 years ago! I just decided now what I want, sort of. I know I want the seat to be denim, it'll hold up nicely. I just haven't figured out if I want to do the backrests that way as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts