NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've just read on an internetnewspaper that a man filed a courtcase against Home Depot, because he was glued to a toiletseat 2 years ago.

Guess what! This man is from Nederland, Colorado. (been there!!!!)

FYI, Nederland is the Dutch word for The Netherlands.

Thought it was funny :D

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Mazzzja said:
I've just read on an internetnewspaper that a man filed a courtcase against Home Depot, because he was glued to a toiletseat 2 years ago.

Guess what! This man is from Nederland ( a village somewhere in the US, don't know where, eventhough I've been there :eek: ).

FYI, Nederland is the Dutch word for The Netherlands.

Thought it was funny :D
It's the German word for it as well. :D

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
There's a Nederland in the state of Colorado.

If the guy was glued to the seat, why did it take him so long to sue?

Bogus!:bs:

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
probably up against the 2 year statute of limitations to settle out of court, and to make sure all his medical issues are worked out..

As an example..I am still trying to settle from my car accident in Eeyore my first beetle. the 2 year statute of limitations on filing a court case is up on 11.11.05 so either they make an offer by the 9th or my attorney is filing a lawsuit.. 2 years after the accident..

that is one example of why it might have taken 2 years to file.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Maybe it took him that long to get off the pot. LOL

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FineExampl said:
:p but when you speak it, it's the same. so poo poo on you-hoo.:D
:D Oooh, how I hate to dissappoint you...
Let me try an English phoenetic pronounciation to show the difference..
Nederland: Naydrlând
Niederlande: Needrlanduh

Get it? :rolleyes:

I don't want to look like a smart a$$ foreigner, but there's a definate difference. If I tell you that my brothers German girlfriend cannot speak Dutch and hardly understands it?
But I can understand why you think it's alike.
I for instance can't hear the difference between Swedish, Norwegian, Danish or Finnish :eek:

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CaptainXeroid said:
Here's a link to the story.:eek13: When people talk about tort reform to reduce frivolous lawsuits, this is a prime example they are talking about.:cuss:
Thank you for the English version as I only could offer a Dutch one.

It sure is silly that someone is sueing for this unfortunate "experience".

·
18,312 Posts
BUGINME said:
You beat me to it!!!:rolleyes:
hehe..great minds (or should I say twisted? lol) think alike! :guitar:

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
Here's the story from CNN:

DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- Home Depot was sued by a shopper from a Colorado store who claims he got stuck to a restroom toilet seat because a prankster had smeared it with glue.

Bob Dougherty, 57, accused employees of ignoring his cries for help for about 15 minutes because they thought he was kidding.

"They left me there, going through all that stress," Dougherty told The Daily Camera, of Boulder. "They just let me rot."

The lawsuit, filed Friday, said Dougherty was recovering from heart bypass surgery and thought he was having a heart attack when he got stuck at the store in Louisville, Colorado, on the day before Halloween 2003.

A store employee who heard him calling for help informed the head clerk by radio, but the head clerk "believed it to be a hoax," the lawsuit said.

Home Depot spokeswoman Kathryn Gallagher said she could not comment on pending litigation.

The lawsuit said store officials called for an ambulance after about 15 minutes.

Paramedics unbolted the toilet seat, and Dougherty, "frightened and humiliated," passed out as they wheeled him out of the store, court papers said. The toilet seat separated from his skin, leaving abrasions.

"This is not Home Depot's fault," Dougherty said. "But I am blaming them for letting me hang in there and just ignoring me."

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Getting glued to a toilet seat? That stinks!

It sounds like the guy has a case, but he's suing the wrong party. Kinda like grasping at straws. I wish him luck!

·
18,312 Posts
I feel sorry for this man...How embarassing must it have been to be wheeled through a big store like that with a terlit seat stuck to yer bum? I woulda passed out too...from embarassment!

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
I feel sorry for this man...How embarassing must it have been to be wheeled through a big store like that with a terlit seat stuck to yer bum? I woulda passed out too...from embarassment!
I would've went all out and started pounding away and doing my best impression of Multiple Miggs from Silence of the Lambs.

hehehe i'm not right

·
18,312 Posts
squeebug said:
that must have been a long...you guessed it...POOPIE!!!!!
Maybe he really wasnt glued to the terlit! Maybe he ate too many prunes and ohhhh nevermind...POOPIES!! I just was looking for a way to say it but I dont really have to. Its just one of those words that you dont need to use in a sentence to say it...
I too am not right!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts