VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found that Mann filter is the makers for the OEM VW filters. They are to be identical w/o VW part number and a case (10) was $99 dollars shipped. But I have a dumb question, where the F*** is the oil filter. I've seen some videos that say it's on the passenger side of motor under the top plastic cover . NOT. Others say not under the cover, but still on the left side, all I see is a very short can with a big nut on it. Can someone tell me where the oil filter in on a '14 R-line (2.0 T)?
Any special "tricks" or info or links with video ? I can't see waiting 10,000 miles for the dealer to change. Thanks for your help. Bob

P.S. I'm selling the Borla Cat-Back exhaust, I really like all the sounds it made, but wife says way loud ! Well, since she's a good drive also >>> LOL

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
From the pictures I have seen the can with the intergral nut next to the dipstick on the passenger side of the engine is where the cartridge type oil filter is located.

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
I've NOT seen the filter location. But if you have a cartridge type filter? You have to be extremely careful. The sealership changed the oil on the company Sprinter I used to drive. It used a cartridge filter, thankfully located in a very easy to reach spot.

The mechanic didn't use correct procedure when it put the 'can' back into place. The small rubber o-ring slightly rolled and created a tiny tiny gap. He started the engine and it promptly dumped 15 quarts of Mobil-1 0w40 all over the floor and front of the engine. (Yeah...it was a diesel engine, and they use a LOT OF OIL!)

In your case? Be careful and clean the mounts and lube everything up with clean oil. Tighten to specs! And you should be fine.

Unless I'm totally off base on this one? In which case ignore this :)

S-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right VDubYah, cartridge type on the passenger side on top of motor. Found a place call Europa Parts for $8 each.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts