Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Presenting Becca

My 2000 Bright Green Jetta GLS

--------------------------------------------

RUNNING MOD LIST

EXTERIOR
~ OEM/Autobahn Front End Cover ($60 - eBay)
~ 30% Llumar Window Tint ($175 - KC's Glass Tinting, Lakeland FL)
~ Honda OEM 7" S2000 Antenna ($20 - eBay)
~ Bosch Icon Wiper Blades ($30 - Advance)

INTERIOR
~ OEM Sunglasses Holder ($24.99 - parts4euro.com)
~ White LED Interior Lighting Kit ($44 - 42draftdesigns.com)

TECHNICAL
~ Removed Rubber Seal from Back of Engine Compartment
~ Blue Silicone Vacuum Lines ($12 - ECS Tuning)
~ OEM Jack Pads ($25 - Duffy on the org)

LIGHTING
~ Disabled DRLs
~ Smoked Front Corner Lenses ($20.55 - eBay)
~ Smoked Side Fender Markers ($20 - eBay)
~ Hella GLI r/s/r/s Taillights (Christmas Present)
~ White LED License Plate Lights ($10 - 42draftdesigns.com)
~ Front and Rear Sylvania Silverstar Park/Turn Bulbs ($20 -AutoZone)

COMPLETED REPAIRS/MAINTENANCE
~ Replaced A/C Conrols Backlight Bulb ($2.14 - 11.30.2006)
~ Replaced 1 Crumbly Vacuum Line ($8.59 - 03.27.2007)
~ 2 New Kumho Solus SP4 195/65-15 Tires ($168.98 - 08-09-2007)
~ New Windshield ($0 - 10-03-2007)
~ New Fuel Filter ($7.50 - 01-05-2007)
~ New Air Filter ($10 - 03-13-2008)
~ Cleaned MAF ($0 - 03-13-2008)

CURRENT MPG: 18 city/25 combined/29 highway
CURRENT MILEAGE: 90066 (02-20-2008)

--------------------------------------------​

So after my unfortunate accident, I went home on a search for a new ride and, as far as I'm concerned, I struck gold. The green-on-cream color scheme has always been a closet favorite of mine, and once we saw the pristine condition she was in, we jumped on it.

Like the title says, I got the 2.0L engine again. I drove a few VWs with the turbo and the TDI, but none in as nice a condition as this one.

She's got 15" Avus wheels, a sunroof, and the single-DIN monsoon audio system (8 speakers!). With 75k miles on the clock, she drives like she's brand new.

(First shot i took of my beetle was in our carport, and I saw no reason to break tradition.)

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The lighting was bad in the carport, so the only other good shots I have so far are of the sickly clean interior...

So far I haven't seen the need to remove the protective plastic from the carpet, though I don't see it lasting too long.

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
woo hoo!!! Im glad to see you are in another safe VW, I am sooooo sad about your accident, but I am pleased to see you got yourself a very nice looking jetta.

I wish you both MANY safe miles ahead.:D

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys.

I just bought my bra on ebay, so hopefully it'll get home in time for the Thanksgiving break so i can put it on my then-squeaky-clean car and i can snap some pics.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
that's a sweet jetta! very clean and i like the green color. i miss the NB, but looks like you got a great replacement! :goodjob:

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
That Jetta is in beautiful condition! Great find! :clap:

*And*, you're still dubbin'....... :D

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And then, on the way back up to school from Thanksgiving Break, I snapped this pic in a Walgreens parking lot. You can sneak a peak at the front end cover here, but I'll get some better pics of it fer ya.

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FineExampl said:
GLI tails....17s or 18s....drop it like it's hot...lose the whip antenna and dealer decal....niceness. :goodjob:
my thoughts exactly. :cheese:

I tried my Honda S2000 antenna on the Jetta, but I didn't quite like it. The bases don't quite match up enough and it's a different shade of black.

but the dealer decal is definitely going ASAP.

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
the weather's been horrible for pictures this week. if it clears up tomorrow, we'll go on a shoot.

I've had 3 tanks of gas so far - 27mpg on 2 different combined tanks and 25mpg on a city tank. not bad for my lead foot.

I definitely think the jetta is geared differently than the beetle - either ratio-wise or shift timing-wise. it's definitely quicker off the line. that or the beetle's tranny was clogged up with metal gear bits and wasn't working like it should have been.

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JuggBug said:
Damn! I can't believe that's a 2000...it looks brand spankin' new! :moon: :whip:
thanks JB. I'm gonna try my darndest to keep 'er that way.

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the weather's finally starting to get gorgeous again, so yesterday Becca had a bath and then we went for a romp in the park...

as you can see, I'm still smoothing out some of the wrinkles on the bra (it's only been on a week). I'm glad I put it on though - I've been stuck behind quite a few trucks and could see the rocks coming at me.

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
So today she had her first wash in a month and first wax since since November. In celebration, we went on a photo shoot. I couldn't find any place as nice as the same park from the last photos, but oh well. Note the tinting. :D

Seeing how the tinting came out, with a smoky look not a black look, I've decided to go for smoked lenses all around. That includes the GLI tails with red and smoke strips from 2004, the smoked side repeaters and front corners. Of course, all of that is for after I get some money.

I've also decided, after finding out that swapping the head unit does not lose monsoon amp capability, that my JVC deck from the beetle shall be transplanted into the Jetta. And I'm probably gonna use the front 2 monster mats from my beetle as well.

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Breez said:
Looking beautiful!!!

I hope you peeled off that dealership logo :rolleyes: if not, Ill come over and help:D

I think that jetta is SWEET I :heart: the tint!!
Thanks Bree. :wave3:

And don't worry - the sticker's been gone for a good while. :D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts