NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a trick to getting the manual top (2008 NBC) to open completely and connect with both safety latches? Without the top latched open the sensor is triggering an intermittent alarm when driving.

·
Registered
758 Posts
On ours, it takes a lot of downward force on the folded top to get the latches to engage. My guess is that our top is so old (it's original) that it's losing its flexibility, making it harder to fold it into the "open" position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but with literally jumping onto it, I can't get it to latch on either side of my daughter's car...and I'm 220 lbs (6' 3'').

·
Registered
758 Posts
There is no "trick" that I know of. Sounds like something is wrong with yours.

·
Registered
1964 Deluxe, 2005 GLS 2014 Rline
193 Posts
It’s more then likely the micro switch in the hood Frame that’s not showing the hood as open fully and ready to lock

·
Registered
1 Posts
The rear latches. I can open it and fold it back, it just won’t click into place 😕
The rear latches. I can open it and fold it back, it just won’t click into place 😕
Did you ever figure out what's wrong? I just bought one today and we have the same problem. I can open it fine but it doesn't seem to "lock" into place- then the sensor stays on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you ever figure out what's wrong? I just bought one today and we have the same problem. I can open it fine but it doesn't seem to "lock" into place- then the sensor stays on.
No, not yet. Someone told me to try putting WD40 on each hinge in the concertina part of the roof though, to make it squeeze down far enough to click into place. We’ve had a lot of rain since the suggestion though so haven’t tried it yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have solved it! WD40 did the trick. Put it on each hinge and make sure the fabric folds in neatly and then press down on the outer part of the roof, not the parts nearest the release latches. It gives more leverage. I have to put my arm on the furthest part (that sticks out over the back of the car) and press really hard, almost like I’m trying to pull myself up onto the car. My husband couldn’t even get it to go down before and now it’s got easy enough for me to do it by myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts