NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 VWBeetle Conv. Recently the power top has had some issues going back up. It will go down to a certain point and then stop. The flaps stay up and in the attempt it will not go back up. Every time in the past that it has done this I was able to use pencilnecks post to reset the system. This has worked for the past but today those instructions would not reset it. I know I have a sensor issue. My daughter and I today manually put the top back up. We read the manual on how to manually put the top back up. We pulled the red cable to unlock and then turned the screw on hydraulic pump counterclockwise to release the pump. Top went back up fine. My question is if we want to just use the top manually should I just leave the screw that I turned counterclockwise for hydraulic pump in that position. I also wanted to ask will i also have to pull the red cables each time I want to manually put the top back up?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello - I ma also having trouble with my 2003 VW New Beetle convertible top. I see that you said you "got it" but what did you get? Are you able to put the top down and up manually now?
Thanks, Brenda

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
I have a 2003 VWBeetle Conv. Recently the power top has had some issues going back up. It will go down to a certain point and then stop. The flaps stay up and in the attempt it will not go back up. Every time in the past that it has done this I was able to use pencilnecks post to reset the system. This has worked for the past but today those instructions would not reset it. I know I have a sensor issue. My daughter and I today manually put the top back up. We read the manual on how to manually put the top back up. We pulled the red cable to unlock and then turned the screw on hydraulic pump counterclockwise to release the pump. Top went back up fine. My question is if we want to just use the top manually should I just leave the screw that I turned counterclockwise for hydraulic pump in that position. I also wanted to ask will i also have to pull the red cables each time I want to manually put the top back up?
You should be able to . That is what that cable/ screw is for incase of a failure so you can put the top up Manually .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts