NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hit the interstate this evening headed for work grabbed the window crank and started to roll the window up. It made a thunk and the crank continued to move but the window stayed in place. The crank will move but its tight the window will not. When the crank comes around 360 in makes a thunk but nothing moves. Changed cars came to work this is all the info I have. CAn someone point me to a thread that will explain how to fix my problem or at least get the door panel off to take a look.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am Having some trouble with this fix. I have a new regulator and it seems that this door has been worked on before. The door lock retaining brackett was busted away fron the Lock mechanism at the rivet. The door lock retaining brackett. How important is it to this fix??? The rivet in the lock does it have to come out and be replaced with a screw. Not sure how to handle this. Keeping me from putting this thing back together.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
"door lock retaing bracket"? Can you identify the part on this diagram and maybe put up a couple pictures? Are you talking about the lock unit pictured below the diagram?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bottom right picture . It's the piece holding the lock mechanism to the door panel. I'm replacing the regulator and that part is attached to the panel. Do I need to attach it to the lock mechanism when i put the door panel back in. If so do I need to grind off the rivet on the lock mechanism and put a screw through it and the brackett?????????

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Not having been "in here" myself, that is a hard question to answer. The lock assembly is also mounted to the door jamb, I believe with two bolts. So I don't know if this is mounting the lock to the door panel or the door panel to the lock. Regardless, if there was a fastener there (you indicate a pop-rivut, it would be best to replace it. It could well be there to either eliminate vibration or to stabilize one or the other. Engineers typically don't design attachments that are un-needed.

M.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts