VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my FOB nor my button on drivers door will not open the rear hatch. no noise at all. is there a way to manually open the hatch from the inside? i checked all the fuses and all are good. i don't know where the relays are, haven't searched for them yet. sounds like an electrical problem or the latch itself gave out. any info would be greatly appreciated.
John

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hatch

When you lift the switch or hold the button on the fob, do you hear the hatch servo ? If not, that is the place to start, check the feed then work back. so far I have not heard of the servo failing so it could be something simple like a fuse, relay or harness connection.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'm guessing that unlike my '98 you don't have the ability to insert the key into the hatch to unlock it to open it?

·
boop
42 Posts
I think they stopped making the swivel emblems on the '01 or early '02 models, didn't they? My 2003 doesn't have one.

If that's the case with yours, there is no way i know of to open it manually unless you remove the plastic cover from the inside of the hatch and then push the latch open. It's easy to do when the hatch is open, but probably a lot more difficult with it closed.

·
Ghetto Modder
187 Posts
Is there an emergency release in our trunks(I've never noticed/looked)? If so, drop the rear seat, climb in and pop it that way.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not a single manual opener for gas door or hatch, the connection in the door panel gets bugged up so you have to unplug it and clean it. Of course when you remove the door panel, the car wont start anymore...paranoid bug thinks its being stolen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts