VW Beetle Forum banner

141 - 160 of 195 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
What? You would eat that cake? Ouch! That would hurt him.

Blugg - I used sheet metal. Some flashing I picked up at the local Home Depot. Rolled it around the TT vent to get the shape and used pop rivets to keep it in a tube form. I don't remember how I ended up measuring length, but they do connect directly to the stock air supply...oh yeah, I kind of remember another detail...I cut the backs off of the stock vents and riveted them into the tubes as well so it would fit into the stock supply.

Painted the tubes black and adhered some real carbon fiber around the outside of the tubes where the tube was exposed.

I have pictures on my home computer somewhere.

I remember someone using a pvc pipe a long time ago, but I think they ended up cutting the stock surround so they were a little more straight...I decided I wanted them to be fully functional, but didn't want to destroy the surround, so they are a little torqued...I don't mind it though.

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Images of the TT Center Vent build...

Attachments

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Cool, something to do in the morning :)

Not for TT vents though ;)

Oh and Thanks :)

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
FINALLY!

My Father's Day gift - ScantoolII
1st location trial - sunvisor.

and

Birthday gift - I got a gently used JL Audio StealthBox from Notorius B.I.G.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,798 Posts
Fancy schmancy! :)

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #150 (Edited)
You lucky dog:bigthumb:

Wasn't that the one I was eye balling on another thread??? Good choice mang:)
Exactly - I was trying to get the less expensive one that didn't have Pandora for $250 instead of spending $350 for this unit...well, we bought the cheaper unit, since they don't make that one anymore they shipped us the more expensive one! LOL:D

The sound is a 200% improvement...haven't learned how to use all the features in the unit though yet.

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Daddy (and Mommy) got Marvin some Suede! Headliner was going to pot...so I took a queue from the RSI and went with Suede

Next step is some suede for the doors, armrest and Oh Shnap handle.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,798 Posts
Wow! Nice! Never have I seen a suede headliner. Only the best for Marvin. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I was planning on doing it with a little help from Jason Diamond next weekend...but the wife unit suggested we spend the cash on that and just DIY. So, I complied. Jason had mentioned that the only problem area was around the visors, so I felt he wouldn't be insulted if I got someone else to do that since the doors, armrest and oh shnap handle will be a good day's worth of work on it's own next saturday.

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
:jawdrop: Friggin awesome bro!!! I'm with Deb- this is my first viewing of a suede headliner and i'm diggin it big time. Good work buddy:goodjob:
When someone posted that they were selling the black headliner from an RSI and it was suede, I knew that this was the way I would eventually go (since I couldn't get carbon fiber).:p

Also - I remember seeing Bearific's suede door panels and knew that was something I wanted to try out if my cards ever sagged...and they have. Hoping that the Ultrasuede I ordered is the right color and goes on properly.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
That definitely looks sweet! :bigthumb: Hope you find the right color for the door cards.

I have a question for you, what is the green harness for that is under the vent stack and is there constant power and ground there? I circled it in your pic. Did you use that for your USB connection? I am wiring footwell LED's and a bud vase LED and installing switches where the seat heaters are and need to steal power and ground. Any input would be great. :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
I believe that the green and brown harnesses are for the seat heater controls. I wouldn't know how to tap into that properly.
The USB in mounted on a blank between the heated seat and the hazard switch - it connects to the Alpine.
I pulled power for my vase mod off the dimmer switch for the instrument panel and the led's I have in my foot well are off something off of the fuse panel, but it was so long ago that I can't even remember where they are wired to.

141 - 160 of 195 Posts