VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
First Car! Emil!
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this car for just over a year now, I have been a huge fan of New Beetle site!
I started this new thread because this is the biggest mod I've ever had to my beetle
and I think it's really neat.

This beetle was completely sprayed in black Plasti Dip.

If you're not familiar with this product you should really look it up and consider it
as a mod for your car, it is very easy product to work with and is very forgiving.

Products:
2 gallons of Plasti Dip
5 Liters of lacquer thnner

I used a 60% thinner 40% plasti dip.

I used some Canadian tire air compressor and spray gun can't remember which one.

If you're interested in seeing my car before click on the link in my signature :D

Here are the results

·
Super Moderator
14,845 Posts
Not sure if I would have done the side markers, VW emblems, or rear corner lights. But, if that floats yer boat, more power to ya. :eek:

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
I like it & it looks like the paint went down pretty smoothly.

If it was mine, I'd probably paint the VW emblems in a gloss black, just tint the turn signals & sidemarkers and get some gloss black aftermarket wheels. But that's just me.

It takes some balls to commit to painting it & I commend you for it.

·
Bitten by the Bug...
93 Posts
Emil looks great! I was considering using Plastic Dip on my wheels, but you took the idea all the way! It turned out great, and it's very unique. :thup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
i can't get enough of your beetle! i have looked at this thread probably a hundred times. looks soooo good! how is it holding up? that'd be one thing... i probably would scratch the crap out of it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts