NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey congrats on the turbo s...did it come from a dealer in brattleboror vt by chance? It looks like one I checked out up there a while back.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
GatorBeetle said:
No offense, Cheat, but I hope you have some serious mods in that Snap...because I drove a BLCC which was an auto as a loaner from VW one time, and my car is much faster. I could not believe the acceleration lag in that car...couldn;t even feel the turbo. The S however, I have driven two of them, and a TT...there is some punch there, even if stock!! I made a used car salesman in make a funny noise when I hit the gas in an S one time... :lol: He had no idea it would punch like that...not to mention I think he wet himself a little when the spoiler deployed... ;)
Got plenty of mods in my Snap...you know how I roll Rob. :)

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Billsbug said:
Take it easy, don't kill urself before the mods begin (totalled my S before any mods :( ).
i'm trying not to kill myself...still working on the whole shifting thing. :lol: practiced A LOT today, and i think it shows...i've learned that I can't be afraid of it. :D

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
U mean ur JUST learning how to drive stick?! :eek:

BTW, the '03 S had a clutch that was too weak for the increased HP, mine only lasted 16K. They supposedly 'fixed' it with the '04 model.

·
CC + JB = TRUE LOVE
10,280 Posts
JuggBug :bowdown: to the hotness that is now known as TURBOMATTIE! I see a road trip to California in your future...hint, hint. :devil:

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
JuggBug said:
JuggBug :bowdown: to the hotness that is now known as TURBOMATTIE! I see a road trip to California in your future...hint, hint. :devil:
:roflmao: you are TOO funny! glad you like it...

now if i could just sell my 2.0...Hint Hint everyone ;)

·
CC + JB = TRUE LOVE
10,280 Posts
MATTSBUG said:
:roflmao: you are TOO funny! glad you like it...

now if i could just sell my 2.0...Hint Hint everyone ;)
Did you put it in the classifieds? I'm gonna go check.....and I promise to keep bumping you, er it, until it sells! :crazy:

Ha-ha! FOUND IT! Here's the link for anyone interested....

http://newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11640

See how I am? Pimpin' Mattsbug?! :whip:

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Billsbug said:
U mean ur JUST learning how to drive stick?! :eek:

BTW, the '03 S had a clutch that was too weak for the increased HP, mine only lasted 16K. They supposedly 'fixed' it with the '04 model.
lol, no i knew the basics before getting the car...pretty much the only way i was allowed to. :lol: but now i've gotta learn how to shift really smoothly and control the beast. lol

mine is a 2002...do you think the clutch will be okay??? it has 33K on it now and seems to be working just fine. :confused:

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
MATTSBUG said:
lol, no i knew the basics before getting the car...pretty much the only way i was allowed to. :lol: but now i've gotta learn how to shift really smoothly and control the beast. lol

mine is a 2002...do you think the clutch will be okay??? it has 33K on it now and seems to be working just fine. :confused:
Sorry, that was a typo, mine was an '02. I seem to remember the service manager telling me that VW was upgrading the clutch on the '03's.

21 - 40 of 311 Posts