VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I apologize if this info exists somewhere else. I searched the forum and did not get exactly what I was looking for. My bug currently has 215/55R17, which equates to roughly 26.3". I would like to know the maximum diameter I can fit without doing a suspension/body lift (though I am not necessarily opposed). I live pretty far out in the mountains and would like a studable all-terrain tire that will handle our mud season and winter season as opposed to a purely winter snow tire. I am open to changing to a 15" or 16" wheel. Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe, try tirerack.com for fitment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have some interesting stuff, but nothing that tells me the maximum diameter that will work with the stock suspension.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
They have reps you can call (tirerack) or maybe go down; to a tire shop and see what they think? It maybe a case of going to a tire shop and trying tires out; until you find something that works?

Most online info and vw service manual, tire databases tech info; will have stock sizes from the factory and you want something different, which may require hands on experimentation, to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts