NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But to me, it isn't, how do I know what kind of bug I have? I bought her, about a month ago. She is an 04 Convertible. Has Turbo on the back trunk hood, and engine plastic cover has 20

so, does anyone know what I have? LOL (I know, I am a dork) :rolleyes:

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
In what respect? Trim level?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yes, the plastic cover on the engine has 20 v on it. Turbo on the back. I read about TDI, GLS, GLX, etc, and 1.8T and 2.0T. Just a wondering in the land of beetle, trying to aquaint myself with ms. BughZ. So, what does it mean to have a 1.8T with 20 valves?

I am enjoying the hell out of this little car. (giggles)

I traded in my 93 chevy van for this cute little car. Had that van for 18 years. His name was Gandalf!

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
It is a 1.8 liter, 20 Valve Turbo engine. That means it has five valves per cylinder. Congrats! :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It means you drive a car with more VROOM!

150 horsepower @ 5800 rpm
162 lb-ft of torque @ 2200 rpm

Turbos are great cars, but must make sure the timing belt has been done, if not, the timing belt and water pump should be done between 50-60K miles. If the timing belt goes out, you are *usually* looking at a new engine.
well that sucks, about the belt and pump. I just bought it a month ago with 120,000 on her odometer. She runs fine, and the carfax has nothing indicating timing belt or water pump have been changed. Timing belts don't usually f up an engine, do they?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts