NewBeetle.org Forums banner

361 - 380 of 380 Posts

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Bugje has a big booboo on his left front side :cry:
This morning on my way to work, not far from my place I slid in the snow when making a turn and hit a small pole.
I wasn't going fast at all, but the damage is saying a lot! :(

Because it was already dark out when I got home I didn't take a photo with my photo camera. Also my dad had put plastic on the head light and the blinker as the glass is gone!

During lunch I did take some photos with my cell, but I can't seem to transfer them to my laptop to share with you.
Also I'm very much afraid that my insurance won't cover this as the damage was -sort of- self inflicted (as that the right wording?).
No other cars or people were involved.

Oh yes, the road was (and still sort of is) covered with snow and very slippery.

This day I should've stayed in bed... :gotme:

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
Hahaha, I should, shouldn't I?
No, I'm not :)

Today I dropped Bugje off at the dealership and the business who will repair my car wasn't there with a car for me. So I had to wait for an hour :mad:
The car that I can drive for this coming week is an older Mitsubishi Colt.
When I got in it I couldn't start it :eek:
It's not a regular 5-speed or automatic, nooooo it's some sort of tip-tronic sort of automatic whatever it is.
It doesn't have a clutch, that's for sure.
All I need to do is push the gaspedal and a small display tells me when to push the shift knob a little forward. Then it changes gears up.

Because it's the 13th today, at a traffic light I put the shift knob to the right (N= neutral) to not have to push the break pedal. Then when the light turned green it stayed in gear 0!!!!! :eek: the car didn't move and when I pushed the gas pedal all I heard was the engine. AARGH! Traffic was piling up behind me :gotme:
Eventually I got the car running again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hahaha, I should, shouldn't I?
No, I'm not :)

Today I dropped Bugje off at the dealership and the business who will repair my car wasn't there with a car for me. So I had to wait for an hour :mad:
The car that I can drive for this coming week is an older Mitsubishi Colt.
When I got in it I couldn't start it :eek:
It's not a regular 5-speed or automatic, nooooo it's some sort of tip-tronic sort of automatic whatever it is.
It doesn't have a clutch, that's for sure.
All I need to do is push the gaspedal and a small display tells me when to push the shift knob a little forward. Then it changes gears up.

Because it's the 13th today, at a traffic light I put the shift knob to the right (N= neutral) to not have to push the break pedal. Then when the light turned green it stayed in gear 0!!!!! :eek: the car didn't move and when I pushed the gas pedal all I heard was the engine. AARGH! Traffic was piling up behind me :gotme:
Eventually I got the car running again.
Hi Marcia!
I feel SO sorry for U! ...I really hope you get your Bugje back SOON ;-> ...nice & with fresh paint = shiny!!

Coolbug still "sleeps" in he's garage... still few months to go, some new parts are on the way... ;-D

rgds! Jartza / Coolbug

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
Hi Jartza :wave3:
Thank you for the kind words.
Now Bugje is all new again and he's looking good.
However I will post the pictures which I've taken the afternoon of the misfortune.

On a brighter note, here are 2 photos taken today (with my cellphone) on a ladies parking area in a parking garage of an hotel.

:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lovely car! My first Beetle was a 2.0 Batik Blue, so I'm partial. :p

Sorry to hear about the damage, hope it gets sorted soon! :)

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Ladies Parking? What is that?
A place where laaaaaadies can park :curtsey:
It's a parking area close to the door, so that the ladies don't need to walk through the 'scary' parking garage to get to their cars.
It was a first for me to see this, obviously I took the chance and parked there :D

@Onegin, as you can see in the later photos my car is well repared.

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
361 - 380 of 380 Posts