NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I recently took my 2004 convertible beetle to get the driver rear window fixed. This is an independent shop that had actually fixed the window before. The window would not go up. So he has my car all day and when I go to get it he asks if my top usually works! Well, yes it does. He said they had the top down to take the panel out and it would not go back up so they "pulled" it up! I explained that there was a specific way you had to do this and he looked at me with a blank stare. Now the top does not work!! I am wondering how much damage he has done. When I unlock the top only one flap comes up, I can hear a motor running but the top does not move. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Did they release the petcock valve on the valve body for the hydraulic pump assembly when they went to pull it back to a closed position?

The flap that doesn't come up when you unlock the top from the windshield frame... see if you can just simply flip it up with your hand. If so, it may be a simple matter of popping the linkage back together.

Do you have VCDS? If not, why? We need to see the Bin Bits for the Roof Electronics now to see what is what....

Scan the Roof Electronics, address 26. Go into Measuring Blocks, group 001. What are the readings are for fields 3 and 4 with the roof closed and locked, as well as closed position, but not locked. Also, does the Roof Top switch, the E137 work? What DTCs are stored in the Roof Electronics.

Put the car in front of me, I can diagnose it quickly... but here on the forums I'm working blind folded.:cool: Oh, and I may be tripping out on the pain pills... or are there suppose to be flashing blue dots all over my computer screen.... soo pretty.... potato.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts