VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be the story of Käfer, keep in mind he's a low budget build all done by myself. Bought him looking like this a few weeks ago: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Volkswagen new beetle

So far I have ordered a bit of carbon fiber vinyl and have wrapped the hood, trunk lid, and some random interior pieces because of that rubbery stuff peeling: Material property Magenta Purple Violet Design Material property Furniture Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Vehicle door Automotive design Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Volkswagen new beetle

I also had to order some new headlights since the ones on him were a bit yellow from sun, complimented with a 10,000k hid kit. Motor vehicle Blue Purple Vehicle door Car Headlamp Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Light

Still waiting for a few things to show up, and some more ideas. More of his life to come! I have never owned a beetle, or even a VW, but I think Käfer is going to stick around for a bit. Thanks for checking him out! Your comments and ideas are more than welcome to help me with this VW adventure.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My boredom of the day...

Went ahead and made some eyelids with some carbon fiber vinyl scrap i have laying around. Not too sure yet but I think it looks okay. Automotive lighting Purple Light Violet Headlamp Automotive lighting Headlamp Light Automotive tail & brake light Car Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Auto part Bumper Automotive lighting Purple Headlamp Light Automotive design Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Headlamp

·
Black Velvet
1,128 Posts
the carbon fiber is a nice look I'm going for red for the handle, center console, and the middle part of the dash as well, So far I have invested around 5 grand total on my bug and still more coming up and this build I'm doing by myself well so I commend you on the build and can't to see how it what else you got planned.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking good I like the carbon fiber wrap.:cool: Keep us posted on how it holds up on the head lights.

Yeah I'll let you know, I'm not too sure how it's going to work out since we all know when vinyl gets too hot it gets stretchy but the hood gets ridiculously hot in the sun being black and wrapped and its holding up pretty good. We shall see.

I ordered a six pack of intense teal for the wheels, middle dash, center console. Might of been a bad color choice, at least it peels off.

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
The vinyl eye lids look good. Not so sure about teal wheels, sounds kinda :hurl: Maybe do it in plastidip so if it looks like crap you can easily take it off.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
Loving Kafer a lot! The CF touches are choice :goodjob:

Major props for starting a photo thread. It will be much easier to track your beetle's progress and it's adventures, being that it's in one tidy thread.

Glad to be along for the adventure :wave2:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts