NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Beetle Obsessed
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I finally got the car I wanted since I was like 9 years old. I'm 21 now and even though it took quite a while, I'm just glad I finally own a beetle.

At first a beetle wasn't in my future plans. My dad ended up buying me a used 800 dollar Dodge Neon at the age of 17 (I appreciated it, but it wasn't "ME") I never had the chance to drive it anyways because it had other problems...so...I was pretty much car-less, driving my mom's Armada every now and then...until I got Mandy in September 2012. She's a 2006 Gecko Green Beetle. She has a few small dents from the previous owner. They're not really noticeable, but we will fix that soon, anyways, here's some pictures of Mandy.

I have plans on adding Mods in the future (New rims, tinted windows, and a fresh paint job)p.s. These pictures really do her no justice. The color doesn't show well in pictures. The lovely mellow green looks much better in person.

I must say this is the coolest car key I've ever seen in my life:D

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Hi BC1991 & Mandy:wave2:
Welcome to the org! Very happy to have you a part of the family!

Cool story on your beetle dreams, YET it makes me feel old LOL. I bought my nB new when you were 9, dreaming about having one someday... excuse me while i get my cane :lol:

Kidding aside, hope you stick around this place; it is a GREAT resource, plus you'll get to meet some of the coolest people around.

Props to you for posting pics from the jump! 1000 cool points for sure. Keep em coming kiddo!

Again, welcome

Al

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide App

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

I rather like those wheels. Tint would be good tho'.... :p

Have fun with your Gecko Green New Beetle! :clap:

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Gorgeous car

Ain't nothing like a Margaritaville Green Beetle to cheer ya up!

Now it's time to start planning Road Trips and Modifications! The great SE CaraBugVan will be driving down I-10 to Baton Rouge then up 49 to 20 and over to Dallas and Roswell next June. We would love to have you join in. It's pretty impressive to see a town the size of Roswell NM inundated with New Beetles! Also the ride is a blast going down the hwy in a bunch of "little round cars!"

Glad to have you in the org

Chuckie

·
Beetle Obsessed
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for all of your welcoming comments

Iluvmyversa08- Thanks, I'm kind of obsessed with HK:p and I see you are too.

Chuckie- Seems like fun, I'll be sure to check that out.

Today I got my windows tinted (I wish they were darker, but I have to make sure I stick with legal tint...bummer)

This last picture is funny. It's like she (my beetle) is a chameleon. She looks totally silver in this picture. Sometimes during the day it seems like the color changes as well. Sometimes the green is more obvious...and then sometimes it's more subtle--it looks more silver at night as well.

My next mod may be a paint job, but, I'm not sure if I want to keep her Gecko Green. I looove the color, but I was thinking of getting a professional to make her Cyber Green instead. I'm just kind of confused about the cyber green color,though. There are so many pictures of cyber greens beetles; some look really green, while others are close to gecko green, but have a more vibrant look to it. If anyone has a more True To Color picture of the cyber green new beetle, please post it here. I would love to see it. Cyber Green and Gecko Green are my favorite new beetle colors.

·
...Yummy Beetles....
335 Posts
I love the tint on your beetle! Looks good! I've been considering tinting my windows too but I haven't found a good place. My fear is to end up with a ugly, bubbly tint.

Do you know the percentage on your tint? About how much did that cost, if you don't mind me asking?

Mandy is lookin' good!

As far as the color, Cyber Green is a little bit brighter and greener than Gecko Green. I'm sure you can find a picture on the org to compare if you use the search feature. Before I got Oscar I was in love with the Cyber Green. When they changed it to Gecko Green I thought, Ok less green. Still looks good and stands out in a crowd. :)

·
Beetle Obsessed
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love the tint on your beetle! Looks good! I've been considering tinting my windows too but I haven't found a good place. My fear is to end up with a ugly, bubbly tint.

Do you know the percentage on your tint? About how much did that cost, if you don't mind me asking?

Mandy is lookin' good!

As far as the color, Cyber Green is a little bit brighter and greener than Gecko Green. I'm sure you can find a picture on the org to compare if you use the search feature. Before I got Oscar I was in love with the Cyber Green. When they changed it to Gecko Green I thought, Ok less green. Still looks good and stands out in a crowd. :)
Thanks so much. The two front windows and the windshield is 35% and the back windows and rear window are 20%. I paid 120 dollars for it with no tax.

Thanks for the tip about the Cyber Green. I don't think I'm going to change it. I really do like it and like you mentioned above, it really does stand out from the rest of the cars. Even though it's a mellow green, it's still very unique and so far... I haven't seen a gecko green beetle yet (in New Orleans)since I had one.

I think you should keep it Gecko Green, it looks good as it is. Don't know why cyber green would look on a 2006-2010 model.
Yeahhhh...it was just a slight bit of jealousy that came over me when I saw a cyber green a couple of days ago. It was so vibrant and pretty to me....I just...got a little jealous, I guess. :dunno:---but I love my gecko green, but when I see a cyber green, they just make my beetle feel less pretty.

·
My lil fallen Angel <3
1,102 Posts
Welcome to the org!!!! And u should really think about going to Roswell!! I went for the first time last year had soooooo much fun and can't wait for it again next year!!!!!!

·
Beetle Obsessed
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's been a while and I took some new pictures..nothing special...I'm also having a LOVE & HATE relationship with Mandy--ugh-- I'm not used to riding so low. Like I mentioned before, I'm used to drive my mom's Armada most of the time..Riding low is so weird to me and having a beetle when living in New Orleans (pot hole city) is TORTURE:mad:---For my next modification, I will be purchasing a 2 inch Lift Kit and I can't wait:D. I'll probably add some springs on it too. Mandy needs to sit higher.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Good looking car...but I'm kinda biased when it comes to green. My Iggy is a 2001 Cyber Green with some Hello Kitty thrown in. My key fob actually looks just like yours (same keychain) but with a hello kitty rubber covered house key added to it...LOL.

·
Beetle Obsessed
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good looking car...but I'm kinda biased when it comes to green. My Iggy is a 2001 Cyber Green with some Hello Kitty thrown in. My key fob actually looks just like yours (same keychain) but with a hello kitty rubber covered house key added to it...LOL.
Wow, that's crazy (in a good way):D. It really makes me jealous, makes me want to get a paint job and make it cyber green. I'm actually considering it. I know someone said it wouldn't look right on a 2006 beetle, but, I don't understand why it wouldn't?? I don't see that big of a difference in the looks...but I just love cyber green so much, the color really pops. I hate how pale my color is..:(

·
Registered
452 Posts
Wow, that's crazy (in a good way):D. It really makes me jealous, makes me want to get a paint job and make it cyber green. I'm actually considering it. I know someone said it wouldn't look right on a 2006 beetle, but, I don't understand why it wouldn't?? I don't see that big of a difference in the looks...but I just love cyber green so much, the color really pops. I hate how pale my color is..:(
The only reason I said it wouldn't look good on a 2006 model is because I saw one in person. Maybe the paint job was done poorly. I personally love the geicko green bugs. But if your set on that Cybe Green go for it. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts