VW Beetle Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Wow, that's crazy (in a good way):D. It really makes me jealous, makes me want to get a paint job and make it cyber green. I'm actually considering it. I know someone said it wouldn't look right on a 2006 beetle, but, I don't understand why it wouldn't?? I don't see that big of a difference in the looks...but I just love cyber green so much, the color really pops. I hate how pale my color is..:(
Thanks for the compliments, and I too am a big fan (like huge) of the Kitty that sez Hello...lol. I absolutely adore iluvmyVersa08's car (would almost go bugless for it).

I really love your Gecko Green baby, whatever color you decide on is the right one though since it is your car. Maybe just wait until your current paint needs to be re-done for whatever reason and then go with Cyber? All I knew for sure when I got a nb was that it had to be green, Gecko or Cyber didn't matter until I found out Gecko was on the newer models that were out of my price range...:eek:

Mine is only popping because the prior owner got her painted soon before I got it. I've heard they fade really bad though, fingers & toes crossed, I am dreading that in the FL sun. I don't think Gecko Green is as bad, haven't heard if it fades too. The cyber ends up looking gecko when it's faded though...so I'll end up with gecko soon enough. Maybe by then, yours will be cyber...lol.

·
Beetle Obsessed
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
More Gecko love

The only reason I said it wouldn't look good on a 2006 model is because I saw one in person. Maybe the paint job was done poorly. I personally love the geicko green bugs. But if your set on that Cybe Green go for it. :)
I think I had a change of heart:eek: Her color is lovely and I'm starting to just love her for how she is.

Thanks everyone else for the compliments.

Here are more pictures of Mandy.

In the parking lot..she stands out from the rest of the crowd;)

Hello Kitty Mats

More Hello Kitty

Bumper sticker

Lonely in the parking lot

Mini Mandy inside of Big Mandy

Found a Friend

Cleannnnn

Sunset

I think I'm obsessed

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Mandy's looking great. OMG!!! I have that same keychain (well, had...my purse got stolen along with my phone and Iggy's keys just before Christmas. I've replaced everything but that keychain now :)).

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
Beautiful Job

I think your car is looking fantastic! It would make a great addition to the SE Carabugvan to Roswell in 139 days.

Get yourself a milk jug and throw all your spare change into it. We even throw one dollar bills in ours for the GTG fund. I also was given a couple of gas gift cards from the hospital and one from a supermarket. In there they went as well.

I love your color Green and I have seen them all!

Chuckie

·
My other VW is a VW
141 Posts
Thats no good at all! Hope you are ok!
Hate to see the New Beetles getting totaled.

I found my 04 at work in the back of our lot just waiting for me to do some magic to it.

Good luck in your new New Beetle quest!

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Ouch. So sad for the beetle baby; but the important thing is that you are OK and survive to get a new beetle to love.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
Oh No!

Poor Mandy gave her life to save yours. Nothing more can be asked from a dear, if not inanimate, loved one.

I cannot wait to see the next Beetle that comes along and speaks to your soul. Remember to grab SOMETHING from your precious Mandy to put into your next ride.

An unselfish and gallant warrior such as Mandy needs to live on. Be it a hood ornament, bud vase or a door switch. Something must be transferred to keep her spirit alive.

Seriously glad you survived.

Chuckie

·
Lurker
2002 Toyota Camry, 2011 BMW 320i, 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4Matic
217 Posts
All the good thing....... come to the end
RIP:bowdown:

·
Beetle Obsessed
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks everyone for your caring comments. I'm very grateful to be alive and well. I was actually on the freeway going 60mph when the crash happened. The air bag came out on me, but luckily I just got a little bruise. I definitely made sure to take a few things in memory of Mandy! I'll keep you guys posted on my journey to finding my next beetle:eek:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts