VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm new here but not with VW. So to make a short story, I've repair the passanger door microswitch by resoldering on my wife 2002 NB . Everything works fine (lights inside came off and beeping when locking Doors) until I've start to reassemble the door and when I connect the 29 pin to the door control module, the lights inside stays on and no more beeping from the horn.

So, I assume the door control module is faulty?
Is there anyway to check it before I go buy a new one?

Thanx in advance!! Pretty sure i'll find my answer here. And by the way, sorry for my poor english I normally speak and write in french.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Sometimes, the switches themselves are bad and just resoldering the contacts alone, will not fix the problem. They are selling new switches and you can replace them but many people, just replace the door lock module. As with any type of electrical onboard repairs; it is a crapshoot but testing on the car and with a multimeter or VW scan tool, can confirm the repair.

Check out some of the how to videos, new microswitches and diy's online:

https://www.google.com/search?q=vw+door+lock.microswitch&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

3BD 998 785 (left),

3BD 998 786 (right)

This is another case; where, a VW scan tool, could really shine and possibly, help you pinpoint the problem with a VW trouble code, pulled from the comfort control module. Output testing; would be another test procedure with the scan tool.

Check out the VAG 401 or Foxwell nt500 on Amazon or VCDS by Ross Tech.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok then i'll try to find someone with a scanner just to be sure ... But I just don't understand how the switch works perfectly when it's not connected to the door control module. How could it be something else ? If it was the confort control module it would'nt be working at all.

Thanx anyway

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
I don't know, until, you see a VW specific factory trouble code; it can be tough to know, where the fault is. This can be; where a vw scan tool, can really shine and pinpoint the problem. Either that or swap out parts; until, you find the culprit. Most of the time; we don't have access, to known good parts and throwing parts at a problem, can get expensive. You can do the shotgun approach or troubleshoot things with a testing equipment; which will save you money and time, in the long run (e.g. scan tool, multimeter, circuit tester, etc.). Remember, a typical obd II scan tool will not be able; to scan the comfort control module and related components, for trouble codes. You will need a VW specific scan tool; to scan and review the CCM. Even a cheap scan tool; like the VAG 401, can really do allot of things and is not that expensive. I don't know where you live but they sell that tool; on ebay and amazon; for about $50 USD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts