VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Vehicle Mode of transport Cartoon Car

We've grown up! The NCBG has expanded to include all the areas we have collected participants from recent get togethers. Spread the news, post photos of your rides and suggest places for get togethers!

Text Logo Font Graphics Brand

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
Buglet at the March 2014 MACBG meet:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Volkswagen new beetle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sedan

I can't wait to see where cruise to next!!

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
I would love to tour the Blue Ridge Parkway with the group some VWeekend.
Marion NC to Waynesboro VA :D
Mile after mile of curves and switchbacks :jumpy:

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
Brp

Dave, LuAnn, Nurse Diesel and I did the entire BRP last year in October. It was a great ride. Of course our idiot government was shutdown at the time.

The bear cubs we saw crossing the road were still at work though and the scenery was gorgeous. We did it over 3 days as the speed limit is 45 Max the whole way with some spots down to 20.

We are already committed to Talimena in October this year, but we could do that run again sometime.

Chuckie

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
More Ideas.....

How about you guys organizing RFTB (Run For the Border) again? Would be an easy trip for you guys to make and the logistics were simple.

I would love to see an Outer Banks Trip. Spend the night near the Ocracoke Ferry, Stop at Captain Odies, go to all the lighthouses and end up at Kitty Hawk. Then hit the old fashioned 50's diner in Manteo.

This would be an AMAZING Rally.

We would be there if the time was available.

Chuckie

·
Everett Street in May
3,212 Posts
I'd be interested in this one gang. Work situation is very different so as long as I had some advance notice, should be able to make it this time. :thumbup: :)

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,419 Posts
I'd be interested in this one gang. Work situation is very different so as long as I had some advance notice, should be able to make it this time. :thumbup: :)
hmmm. an OBX run would be fun...might be a great fall idea. just about to roll into tourista season.

not the most exciting of drives from the Yorktown/NoVa area (lots of straight and flat).

lots of other possibilities...Weeping Radish Brewery, Hurricane Mo's, other places to have lunch, tour, hang out. Wright Brothers Memorial and the lighthouses...

and Beej is a local. :)

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well things are in discussion for the Back if the Dragon in late October, a VA run in Late June, OBX in Sept sounds like an off-season event how about other dates?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts