NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(MIL) Malfunction Indicator Lamp Engine Off FAIL

(MIL) Malfunction Indicator Lamp Command Status FAIL

how to fix this? replaced the fuse and it didn't do anything..i have no CEL at all even when i first turn the car on and all the lights flash...is there a circuit breaker that i can replace or has anyone ever had something like this go wrong?

can't pass emmissions until this is fixed and i have two weeks:( ill send someone a x-mas card if they can point me in the right direction

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
Very weird. The CEL is a soldered in LED on the instrument cluster... it's not like its a bulb that can burn out. I would start by doing a continuity check on the fuses... instead of just eyeballing them. It would be a shame to go through a lot of work only to find out it is still a bad fuse even though it isn't burned through. :)

If its the LED, you'll have to desolder it and resolder in a new one... which sounds like a real pain. :( Surely its something simpler.

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i replaced all of the fuses that are in the block on the dash behind the door..haven't checked(to make sure they are still together) but even after they were all replaced i still had nothing :(

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
Jim,

if you havent already, start a thread on www.dub-tech.com I am sure walt and the boys over there will be able to shed more light on your particular problem.. they are certified VW techs and they know what they are doing...

good luck!

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eeyore said:
Jim,

if you havent already, start a thread on www.dub-tech.com I am sure walt and the boys over there will be able to shed more light on your particular problem.. they are certified VW techs and they know what they are doing...

good luck!
awesome...thank you very much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts