VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I bought a 2006, Aquarius blue, 2.5 convertible. The car is cherry and did in fact belong to a little old lady for the last 7 years. In that time she drove it 25,000 miles for a total of 55,000 over the ten years.

My question is very simple (stupid). Is there a performance read out anywhere on it? a mileage computer or anything like that. If there is, I can't find it, so I'm thinking there is none. Can someone just tell me please so I don't have to spend the time reading all the little manuals.

Thanks,
Fred

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
What kind of performance info; are you looking for? The speedo cluster; on the New Beetle is pretty basic and was patterned after the old air cooled Beetle speedometer. I would read the user manual but aside from the small screen that shows the odometer and a trip odometer, I don't think there is much else. Maybe others with a 2006; can chime in but that is what is on my 2002. The gauges; are just gas tank level, rpm's, the mph/speedometer and various "idiot" lights that come on. You can look at various lights and see what they are for here: (as you can see; the info is in your user's manual):

http://newbeetle.org/forums/2-0-liter-gas/39141-where-can-i-find-warning-light-diagram.html

Now, if you want to read more info and live data; you might look at a wireless adapter, like a ELM 327 wireless obd II adapter on amazon and a app with a portable device: e.g. phone or tablet, could tell you all kinds of information about what is happening with the car (e.g. coolant temps, etc.). For more in depth scanning and troubleshooting/testing, look at a VAG 401 on amazon or the VCDS from Ross Tech.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts