NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Twin Cities VW club is holding their annual show and swap meet Sunday, June 2, at Luther's Westside VW in St. Louis Park, a suburb of Minneapolis. The show runs from 9-2 and there are usually about 150 VWs there, mostly air-cooled, but they have a water-cooled Beetle class as well. Usually only 2-3 NBs show up, so it would really be cool if any Orgers out there could make these numbers bigger!:) Registration is free
and there's live music and a BBQ vendor on site.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
All clean and ready to go. Its going to be a long day, but with partly cloudy skies, and temps in the mid to upper 60's. Perfect! Pics forthcoming! :)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hours have passed, and now Dustin and I are back at our respective homes. This year, there were 5 water Beetles there as opposed to the usual 2, but 2 of the 5 left before trophies were given. One of them, a beautiful 2012 Denim Blue, got 2nd Place, and my all-VW club VP's wife's 2010 Red Rock got first.

I voted for Dustin's Yellow Color Concept, and he voted for my 2010 Candy White, but the other 2 Beetles mentioned above got the nods. It's a bummer that the other 2 didn't stick around, especially the 2012 that got 2nd and whose owner doesn't even know it!

As for the other Beetle, a turbo I believe from the 98-05 era, they had another show to get to. At any rate, it was great to see more modern Beetles this time! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts