NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
NB NooB
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help, my 2000 gls with 98k miles is having strange issues.

It started with driver side window switches intermitten failure.

Today the door lock switch failed too.

Wierdest of all is that the mirror adjustment switch is causing doors to lock and the hazard lights to flash. As if i pushed the remote fob lock button...

Its all on the driver side...

What could this be?

Thank you

·
Registered
11,589 Posts
I had goofy things start to happen when my switches were failing and eventually, they physically broke... meanwhile it seemed my car was going haywire! Basically, the switches were broken; so they would lock, unlock the door on their own and I eventually replaced the unlock/locking switch.... this fixed the random weirdness! So, they maybe failing and causing the problems you are relating too; I ended up having to replace my lock/unlock button, window switches but I haven't had to do the mirror switch yet... you could remove the door panel and unhook it; see if the problem goes away... if it does; you know what it is. Problem solved. Typically, when a switch fails; when I scan my car with a vagcom; it will actually tell me! :) There is a control module in the door as well; it might be a good idea to have the car scanned and see if any trouble codes or faults come up...

·
NB NooB
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you billymade, i will get it scanned and see what turns up.

Anyone experience the mirror switch causing doors to lock specifically?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts