NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am getting 5 error codes P0135,P0134,P0303,P0302,P0301. I have replaced the O2 sensor checked the vacuum lines and added fuel injector cleaner. but when I first start it up it idles rough and acts like it's going to die. The same thing happens when I turn on the A/C unless it's in gear then it just accelerates poorly. It's a 2.0 AEG 2001 NB any one have any suggestions? Please help

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Cup was having the same problems too. Her CEL even flashed at times when i pressed the accelerator. I replaced the coil packs and BAM!! she's a screaming little banshee again! Got the coil packs for 19.00 at O'Reily auto parts.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
301-ignition coil cylinder 1
302- ignition coil cyl. 2 etc...
looks like either coil pack or individual coils. Mine are individual. not sure what yours would be.
good luck.
Mine would run rough & CEL would flash. You can get home just don't push it. I drove about 100 miles at 65 home on 3 cylinders.

·
Registered
95 Posts
p0135

The ECM tracks how long it takes for the oxygen sensor to begin switching. It the ECM determines (based on coolant temp) that too much time elapsed before the oxygen sensor began operating properly, it will set P0135.

p0134

This code refers to the front oxygen sensor on Bank 1. Basically the oxygen sensor is inactive. Here's why:

The powertrain control module (PCM) provides a baseline voltage of about 450 mV on the oxygen sensor signal circuit. When cold, the PCM detects the the internal resistance of the sensor is high. As the sensor warms up the resistance is lowered and it starts producing voltage based on the oxygen content in the exhaust. When the PCM determines that the time it took for the sensor to warm up is greater than one minute or that the voltage is inactive (not reading outside 391-491 mV it views the sensor as inactive or open and sets the P0134 code.

Both above indicate your front cat sensor is not working which impacts on your fuel management.

Use a VAG-COM cable and software to monitor fault codes and how effectively your front sensor is reacting.

Check the sensor is connected properly. If it is it may be worth replacing. Money I know but how much to put through a garage for more work !! :(

Regards, Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts