NewBeetle.org Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
@ Phil: you're retarded. never in any of my posts did I say "to take a plug out of head, and touch it while turning over". Also, I never elaborated on the extent of the zap.

You do an extremely good job of putting words in people's mouth's on here.
Listen boy, you are a full blown idiot that continues to post bad advice. I have forgotten more about working on cars than you will ever know. This is your quote exactly:

There just isn't enough "juice" in these 12v systems. Spark plugs will just zap you.

OK boy wonder, if the plug isn't out of the head, how could you get zapped by it and if it wasn't being cranked or running how would it zap you? You would argue with a sign post, why don't you just scurry back to your text book and keep reading.

·
Registered
605 Posts
"Boy wonder"? Really? Dude, seriously. Its amps that kill but voltage needs to be present to push the electrons. The human body is not conductive enough for a 12v system. It just isn't...

We aren't good conductors of electricity at 12 volts. Does this make sense?

P.S. she was trying to change her spark plugs and you scared the crap out of her. Congratz.

·
Registered
320 Posts
"Boy wonder"? Really? Dude, seriously. Its amps that kill but voltage needs to be present to push the electrons. The human body is not conductive enough for a 12v system. It just isn't...

We aren't good conductors of electricity at 12 volts. Does this make sense?

P.S. she was trying to change her spark plugs and you scared the crap out of her. Congratz.
In actuality it was most likely you bozos over reacting like imbeciles that bored her to tears with your off topic digs turning this whole thread in a dog and pony show.

So the "congratz" are all yours

But OBVIOUSLY we weren't talking about 12v because this whole blown out ordeal came about the word HIGH VOLTAGE. I guess what you still fail to understand (no surprise) is compared to shocking yourself with a Stun gun... yea, odds are it won't kill you but the question remains: WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? not to mention INTENTIONALLY?? (and yes, we're all WELL aware that amps is what kills not voltage)

You do an extremely good job of putting words in people's mouth's on here.
Sounds like you need to follow your own 2 bit advice (about 25 cent worth)

·
Registered
17 Posts
My beetle 2003 has the same problem. I have ordered a new coil from amazon and replace it and it's done. There're some tiny cracks on the old coil and that's the reason for misfire on wet weather. The replacement took me about one hour.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
12 Participants
SethZhang
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing