VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
beetletears60
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My V 2000 2.o gave and an 02 03 01 code change the cat converter and now I have misfires after my battery went dead:confused:

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
We need more info; you sentence is very short and does not give us very much info, to go on (help us; to help you). Please talk about your car; the history of problems, repairs done and how the car is running currently.

Typically misfires are either fuel delivery or ignition related. Scan the car; please post any trouble codes you find (we need the actual codes; not descriptions of the codes).

Common issues; are plugs, wires, fuel pumps and ignition coils. You might try spraying moisture on the coil, wires and see if that makes the misfires worse. The coil packs cracking on the back ; is a common issue and is made worse with moisture. If this makes the misfires worse; I would remove the coil pack and check for cracks. If it is cracked; replace it with a high quality oem brand like ELDOR or genuine VW parts.

Also, how many miles on the car and when was the last time, the coil, plug wires and plugs were changed?

As for for fuel related issues; you might try doing a fuel pressure test and see if it is in spec. Dirty throttle bodies can cause drivability and idle problems. In that case, clean and align the throttle body.

Here is the service manual pages; for testing the fuel pressure:

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > Beetle L4-2.0L (AEG) (2000) > Maintenance > Tune-up and Engine Performance Checks > Fuel Pressure > System Information > Specifications > Pressure, Vacuum and Temperature Specifications

1 - 2 of 2 Posts