NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 07 Beetle and went to change my cabin filter this evening for the first time ever and it was missing! There wasn't a filter in there or a holder where one should go! Anybody else have this happen? Or know if the 07 cabin filter isn't in the passenger side dash the way the others are? I'm shocked! :confused:

·
Who is John Galt?
695 Posts
Is the hole going into the heater fan box open?

I doubt that the frame is very expensive to replace. Just get it, the screws and a new filter and put it all back in.

It needs to be in there or all kinds of leaves, sticks, bugs, etc. are going to end up inside your heater/ac.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've got an 07 Beetle and went to change my cabin filter this evening for the first time ever and it was missing! There wasn't a filter in there or a holder where one should go! Anybody else have this happen? Or know if the 07 cabin filter isn't in the passenger side dash the way the others are? I'm shocked! :confused:
You don't take this as a "clue" that '07s don't have cabin filters?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Great attitude Ikchris. Thanks for the help! Let me know how you know the '07s don't have cabin/pollen filters. That's really odd considering the number of stores and brands which sell pollen/cabin filters specifically for the 07 beetle, and that my manual says to change it at 40K.

·
Who is John Galt?
695 Posts
I think the fact that, if the manual specifies that it does have one, that is a much better "clue".

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
no longer use this site
1,594 Posts
i just asked a couple of techs if they have seen newer body style beetles without pollen filters, they said yes.

so i guess it's possible for your beetle not to have one.
just like some older mk3 cabrios had one but the manual didn't mention it.

manuals are printed in bulk to cover a multitude of options. not all cars have all the options.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts