NewBeetle.org Forums banner

keep it stock or mod it

• leave it alone! only 2000 of those made!

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • mod away!

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Well, that's easy, do what you want to do. if your interested in resale value (and why the hell are you thinking of that anyway?) then maybe keeping it stock for the next owner [cough]enthusiest[/cough] is better for your needs.

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
I voted "Leave it alone" since I have a BLCC. However, there are things that I have done to mine ... minor things.

1. New door pins - brushed aluminum instead of black plastic
2. Euro plate in front
3. Mud flaps

Some day I would like to chip it. But, that is as far as I will go. No un-doable things.

BUT! It is YOUR car ... and YOU decide what YOU want to do. Besides ... that just means that the ones that are left stock ... if anyone ever wants to buy one 50 years from now ... the stock ones will be rarer ... causing them to be WORTH more. ;) That didnt come out very good but, you know what I mean. ;)

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toad said:
Well, that's easy, do what you want to do. if your interested in resale value (and why the hell are you thinking of that anyway?) then maybe keeping it stock for the next owner [cough]enthusiest[/cough] is better for your needs.
resale value is one of the reasons both of our cars were purchased though

thanks for the votes!

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
If I had a CC, I'd mod the piss out of it and stunt it like whoa.

The CC is basically dying for a TurboS front and rear bumper swap and some nice side skirts. It's also dying for a chip as well. I say mod 'em up. :)

...and this is why I'm broke all the time. :D

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Cheat said:
If I had a CC, I'd mod the piss out of it and stunt it like whoa.

The CC is basically dying for a TurboS front and rear bumper swap and some nice side skirts. It's also dying for a chip as well. I say mod 'em up. :)

...and this is why I'm broke all the time. :D
i agree completly and 10000% turbo s oh snap orange? ill take two please :D

she is leaving it alone down to the air filter...her car her choice though..i just wanted to see what everyone else thought

sorry but i just reread what you said.....stunt it like whoa? thats my new line until i get told enough is enough LOL thank you

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I agree with noR. I thought about this when i first saw the thread. I'd love to have had a chance to get a Color Concept. At first i thought that it would be awesome to have a 100% stock CC unaltered. Than i thought about it some more. There are SO many mods that are 100% reversible. Pedals, no-drill spoilers, clear tails, brake lights, corners, etc. Even lowering kits and exhaust, etc. All of that stuff is completely reversible. I know if i had a CC i'd be making changes. Minor ones, but changes nonetheless.

Mod em up kids! Life is way too short to worry about limited editions.

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
FineExampl said:
Mod em up kids! Life is way too short to worry about limited editions.

Ah, but don't forget what some of the "Limited Edition" Air Cooled bugs are going for now. Heck, take a look to see what the young 25 year old Epilog goes for in decent, not perfect shape! (An Epilog is a '79 Triple Black Convertable Beetle, BTW)

I've got a friend that has one and I detailed it last year. Super nice! :goodjob: I saw one on eBay last year in decent shape and it went for $22k!

What about the '64 Mach 1 Beetle?

I'm sure one of those would go for a whole bunch! :D

If you want more info about the A/C Bug limited editions, check out sebeetles.com

I'd say if you are going to mod it, make sure it's 100% reversable!

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
I said 'Leave it stock', so let me include a 'BUT'.:D There is NO way we would EVER change Aphid's wheels or body, so in those areas, she will remain stock. We have added a CD changer, chip, stubby antenna, and pedal covers, so a 'purist' might argue she is not 100% stock.

Money permitting this year:grovel:, we are going to do some engine and suspension mods, so she will be 'less' stock.

If anyone follows what I'm trying to say, shoot me a PM and explain it to me.:lol:

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CaptainXeroid said:
I said 'Leave it stock', so let me include a 'BUT'.:D There is NO way we would EVER change Aphid's wheels or body, so in those areas, she will remain stock. We have added a CD changer, chip, stubby antenna, and pedal covers, so a 'purist' might argue she is not 100% stock.

Money permitting this year:grovel:, we are going to do some engine and suspension mods, so she will be 'less' stock.

If anyone follows what I'm trying to say, shoot me a PM and explain it to me.:lol:
subtle mods that make you happy :D

she is stuck on leaving it stock..i dont blame her either..we have mine to modify and have fun with and hers to keep miles off of and just enjoy on nice days

like i said before though...if it was my car

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Hmm - I missed this thread somehow...

As the proud owner of an '02 SNAP CC, I am a fan of subtle mods... Why mess with near-perfection?!?

I got the APR 93 octane chip...

I've got the rear fog and a stubby antenna... Those are the only exterior mods so far...

I got monster mats (snap mats are in the closet)and TT pedals for interior mods...

Looking to get a nice set of summer wheels (keeping the Snap wheels in the garage for winter) and hopefully lowering it in the summer... Perhaps exhaust, but probably not...

So yeah - no major body work planned... I'd like to fill in the holes from the license plate bracket (@#$% OHIO!) and get one of those PlateMate things.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts