NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the tag/label that shows the production codes should be on our 2008 NBC? There are several references on the hardtops of it being under the carpet near the spare tire so I looked there and don't see one. I looked around everywhere I could think of and don't see it and before I get crazy and end up with the car looking like a drug bust at the border figured I'd better ask...

·
Registered
762 Posts
The PR sticker sheet should be to the left of the spare tyre, but sometimes they come loose and fall under the spare.

It should also be on the inside cover of the maintenance book with the owner's manual.

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
the lable is in the spare tire well.

-jd

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the feedback. I guess I'm out of luck. I took the carpet out of the back and didn't see anything that looked like the tag, or even old glue or anything where one might have been, so pulled out the spare and it wasn't there either. Must have come loose and has gotten lost or something. The owner's manual was missing when we bought the car so don't have the info that would have been with that either. I'm taking it in to the dealer next week to have it serviced so will ask them whether they can print it out. When I went in to talk to them about a service one of the sales representatives overheard me talking about the manual being missing and rummaged around in the storeroom and brought me a complete set so I at least have that. Pretty nice of them to give that to me. I talked to the dealer we bought the car from about the missing manuals and they ordered a whole new set, which came yesterday so now I have no excuse for not knowing how everything works...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts