NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced moisture under the lens of their headlight? I stopped at the dealer on the way to work and they have scheduled a new lens and gasket to be replaced on Thursday. It will be done under warranty. :)

Only problem so far after 13000 miles. 2005 White TDI 5 speed averaging 46 mpg. Commute 4 days a week @ approx 90 miles per day.

Thanks

Barry

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Congrats on your TDI. The gasket should take care of the moisture getting in. I'd love to be getting 46mpg :)

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
I've had it happen to me after my accident with a cruddy aftermarket headlamp (say no to djauto). The entire lens was coming unglued form the rest of the body. A $150 trip to the vw parts deparment got me a new lens and outer reflecter with the seal gasket. And it's good as new.

I'm pretty sure this's what your dealer is gonna do, hope it works well for you too, and happy dubbin'.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Someone will probably tell me why this is wrong, but... I had the same issue. Took the troubled lens out, took it apart, cleaned the lens and housing, let it dry out, blew it out with the blow-dryer (don't say a word to her) and sealed it up with silicon. I took particular care to seal up that drain hole as well. I know, I'll have to redo some of the job again when the bulb blows, but I have not had any issues as of late(6months). I think the problem is condensation from a little humidity and high temp changes that occur here. Hope that helps.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
my lamp doesn't fog up like des', but my taillights get moisture in them all the time. they get little droplets of water in them. i am guessing taking them out, drying them real good and then sealing them RDRAIDR suggested should do the trick.

NICE shot of your car des! me likey.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts