VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After an unfortunate mishap with a 2012 Golf TDI. We had the vehicle replaced with a Brand new 2014 Beetle TDI which reminded my wife of her old 1968 beetle. The Beetle is so nice but needed that sporty look so we added the rear spoiler, factory fog lights and tinted the windows. Next up some performance mods......

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Ooooh! I hope for more, and bigger, pictures!! :)

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,158 Posts
YeeHawww

Nothing like a beautiful TDI Beetle to make me smile!

Chuckie

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Ooooh! Thanks! :D

I love how the body color shows inside. My 2002 white one didn't even come over the door...... :eek:

Someday, I'll have a new one! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TDI Gettin Duals

Okay, bought a used 2013 beetle turbo exhaust system for $60 bucks locally. Made a cut added in a band clamp and fit it all together. Got rid of the cheap chrome tips VW uses and ordered some stainless tips along with a new rear spoiler. Should have those two new parts next week but other then that it came out perfect.:D

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
So, you took s stock 2.0T exhaust and grafted the rear muffler portion into your stock diesel system? Same with the rear valance? The muffler; looks similar in size, does it sound any different!? Nice job, looks like a affordable oem plus, solution! Good job! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, you took s stock 2.0T exhaust and grafted the rear muffler portion into your stock diesel system? Same with the rear valance? The muffler; looks similar in size, does it sound any different!? Nice job, looks like a affordable oem plus, solution! Good job! :)

Yes, I took a 2.0 turbo system, basically only really need the rear muffler section but it is easiest for install to cut after the first bend as the gas muffler is factory crimped from the muffler out about 4 inches and not round. Next issue is the Diesel exhaust pipe is 2.1" OD and the gas exhaust is 2.3"OD Makes fitting a 2.25" ID Band clamp very difficult. Rear Valance can be bought for $85 bucks, just need the one with the dual opening, stainless tips were 24.99 each. Sound is exactly like stock which is what I wanted. Several people stated the after market exhaust systems had some drone. I drive the TDI from NY to Florida non stop and I absolutely don't want to hear any drone. That was the only reason I went after the factory system, that and I like the balanced look it gives to the car.

Total cost is $205 for my setup.
Break Down:
$60 used exhaust
$85 New rear valence
$10 Stainless Band clamp
$50 Stainless tips
total $205

Being Magnaflow charges $700-750 for their exhaust this was a real bargain

·
Registered
266 Posts

If you want to do the same thing and live in California. ..I have the stock parts needed. ...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes, I took a 2.0 turbo system, basically only really need the rear muffler section but it is easiest for install to cut after the first bend as the gas muffler is factory crimped from the muffler out about 4 inches and not round. Next issue is the Diesel exhaust pipe is 2.1" OD and the gas exhaust is 2.3"OD Makes fitting a 2.25" ID Band clamp very difficult. Rear Valance can be bought for $85 bucks, just need the one with the dual opening, stainless tips were 24.99 each. Sound is exactly like stock which is what I wanted. Several people stated the after market exhaust systems had some drone. I drive the TDI from NY to Florida non stop and I absolutely don't want to hear any drone. That was the only reason I went after the factory system, that and I like the balanced look it gives to the car.

Total cost is $205 for my setup.
Break Down:
$60 used exhaust
$85 New rear valence
$10 Stainless Band clamp
$50 Stainless tips
total $205

Being Magnaflow charges $700-750 for their exhaust this was a real bargain
Looking good. ..I did the MagnaFlow for my turbo. ..

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I have a 02 new beetle turbos but I am impressed with a cheaper oem solution, smart and thrifty way to use parts everyone is getting rid of! :) how do you like your Magnaflow setup and have you done any other upgrades? IIt seems; the Steve Petty Motorsports systems, seem popular right now. :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have a 02 new beetle turbos but I am impressed with a cheaper oem solution, smart and thrifty way to use parts everyone is getting rid of! :) how do you like your Magnaflow setup and have you done any other upgrades? IIt seems; the Steve Petty Motorsports systems, seem popular right now. :)
I love it...H&R springs. ..eibach sway bars. .neuspeed intake. ..Giac computer set up. ..and 20s

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow those came out great! Hey I purchased my beetle at the same dealer. You should come out to some Beetle Meets if your local out from Riverhead BullDogger!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I love the white!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey I just noticed your in the Riverhead area too! You should come to some Beetle Meets!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lol I don't look at people that way, if you have passion for the beetle and you want to hangout with others that do please come on down. I run a little Club so you can check out our Facebook page Underdog Motorsports. Come see all the beetle pics and such. We'd love to have you come down and get together. I usually post up meet times and locations on the Facebook site so come check us out!

www.facebook.com/underdogmotorsports

1 - 20 of 35 Posts