VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2005 NB convertible sight unseen.

It wouldn't start... ended up getting new battery which ran down in three days.

Isolated drain by removing fuse to the Monsoon.

It is as if the amplifier still runs after the car is turned off.

Any advise other than removing and replacing fuse when in use?

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Replace it or do what I did and bypass it completely.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Very common problem. Not sure anyone has ever really figured out what component inside the unit goes bad? I think these are auto turn on by detecting line level input signal from the head unit?

ebay for cheap replacements, or just wire a relay up to the power feed and have it shut off when the car or audio system is turned off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very common problem. Not sure anyone has ever really figured out what component inside the unit goes bad? I think these are auto turn on by detecting line level input signal from the head unit?

ebay for cheap replacements, or just wire a relay up to the power feed and have it shut off when the car or audio system is turned off.
Thank you again. I will just find a ignition shut off lead as you suggest.

Just one of a vast array of problems to sort out.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts

I believe so, somthing along those lines. Mine never turned off. You could hear the speakers crackling even after the key was out of the ignition. It was always extremely hot to the touch too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts